The Fifth Official Gersnet Dinner

There's been sitcoms written with less of a premise than this...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Hopefully I'll be able to make it along to the next one.

Not sure why you're miffed. I don't doubt that you asked if everyone was OK for it to be posted, but in the same manner I hope that you accept that I didn't hear it and didn't agree to it.

I've been at plenty of similar events over the years, including FF subcrawls and similar where photos have been taken and shared between the participants, but they've never been publicly posted.

A lot of people in the Rangers world know who I am due to my involvement with various things over the years but that doesn't mean that people who know me personally or in business know who I am online and I'd like it to stay that way.

Apologies to you and anyone else who have been inconvenienced by this but I don't believe I'm being unreasonable.

I'm miffed because as you appear to concede everyone except you seems to have been aware that the pictures were for publication (I had no other reason to take them) and it has left a bit of a sour taste to what was otherwise another good event IMO.

I accept that it is your right not to have your image published but that could have been achieved without deleting the pictures entirely, so I'm not just miffed with you.

I'll leave it at that as I have no wish to fall out with you or anyone else over this issue.

I'm miffed because as you appear to concede everyone except you seems to have been aware that the pictures were for publication (I had no other reason to take them) and it has left a bit of a sour taste to what was otherwise another good event IMO.

I accept that it is your right not to have your image published but that could have been achieved without deleting the pictures entirely, so I'm not just miffed with you.

I'll leave it at that as I have no wish to fall out with you or anyone else over this issue.

Removing the pictures was absolutely the right thing to do when someone complained about them being posted.

The mod who removed them (Rousseau I believe) had absolutely NO IDEA who had agreed to them being posted and who hadn't. And as soon as ONE person complained then Rousseau was perfectly right to delete them - at least until it was established who was fine with them being posted and who wasn't so that those who wished their privacy to be respected could have their faces blanked out.

I am sure that you are well aware that people take pictures all the time as "memories" and "keepsakes" - that doesn't mean that they will find publication. Either way, in the modern day I think that express permission is needed from ALL.

I myself have had the very unfortunate situation where myself and some friends had partaken in some libations, pictures and videos taken of us acting like fools - for one of them to post said pictures and videos on facebook where work colleagues and bosses could see.

People have a right to privacy is they wish it. You can be miffed if you wish BH but BD also has a right to his privacy, which he requested. I am sure that BD is also miffed that his privacy wasn't respected (if you didn't get express permission then you didn't get permission), but you seem to want to be the victim here. Once he requested it Rousseau removed the pictures - I am sure that they can be re-posted after covering the faces of those who wish privacy.

As I said yesterday, it is far better that we all move on - everyone had a great time it seems and I am only disappointed I couldn't make it. Maybe next time (I am home in August and October - hint hint).

Don't let this put you off organizing again as you always do a fantastic job.

Most of us go to most games, it doesn't always have to be so formal, a few pre match beers is always on the cards most of the time, and occasionally post match beers, just saying!

I am sure that they can be re-posted after covering the faces of those who wish privacy.

Don't let this put you off organizing again as you always do a fantastic job.

Frankie has asked me to send him the pictures for that purpose.

If anyone wants to take over for the next one, they can feel free to post here.

Never change a winning team.

Edited by pete

Most of us go to most games, it doesn't always have to be so formal, a few pre match beers is always on the cards most of the time, and occasionally post match beers, just saying!

Completely agree. I have enjoyed more than just a couple of libations with yourself, Frankie, johnny, Bluedell - albeit not as often as I would like.

I'm more the informal type anyway :D

I would suggest you take a short while to calm down BH. You clearly are annoyed.

But by all accounts you do an excellent job of running what is a thankless task. In all of the "stramash" not a SINGLE person has suggested someone else organize it - and that is for good reason !

Got it in one, Craig.

You're annoyed because I don't want my picture posted on the internet or because I didn't hear you asking if it was OK for you to post them?

Either way, I don't see what's to be annoyed about. It's just a misunderstanding that's been sorted.