Miller Speaks Out Against Ref

Isn't that obstruction he is describing at the very least.

Brown has looked behind him and seen Miller coming so all he wants to do is get his body in front to create a shield and halt his progress. He brought his elbow up and Miller ran into it.''

Not if he is first to the ball and is shielding it.

I thought the elbow was worth a red but if I am honest I thought it was a fantastic tackle. Miller only went flying because he had his foot next to the ball when the Celtic player kicked it. If it had been a Rangers player that made it I would be praising him. Unfortunately the tackle we can talk about gave away a stupid penalty. Beerman is nowhere near the step-up to the first team in my view.

Miller had to jump out the way of the tackle. Studs were up, 2 footed and reckless. Straight red anywhere but Scotland.

Miller had to jump out the way of the tackle. Studs were up, 2 footed and reckless. Straight red anywhere but Scotland.

Bang on. Studs up, two footed, off the ground. The ball is immaterial, it's a straight red. Apart from against us it seems!

'He bought his elbow up and Miller ran into it'. I mean Jesus that's comical.

I am surprised only that Richmond ( a rubbish official, if memory serves) did not suggest a yellow card for Miller for 'Ungentlemanly Conduct".

Not if he is first to the ball and is shielding it.

He states , "Brown has looked behind him and seen Miller coming so all he wants to do is get his body in front to create a shield and halt his progress" at the time I thought it was deliberate obstruction with an elbow assault for good measure.I still do.

I thought the elbow was worth a red but if I am honest I thought it was a fantastic tackle. Miller only went flying because he had his foot next to the ball when the Celtic player kicked it. If it had been a Rangers player that made it I would be praising him. Unfortunately the tackle we can talk about gave away a stupid penalty. Beerman is nowhere near the step-up to the first team in my view.

If Brown brought his elbow up deliberately which he did then it's violent conduct in the same as it's deliberate handball if your arms are in an unnatural position and the ball then strikes your raised arms.

Agreed it was a fantastic tackle. We need a player like that.

Isn't that obstruction he is describing at the very least.

Brown has looked behind him and seen Miller coming so all he wants to do is get his body in front to create a shield and halt his progress. He brought his elbow up and Miller ran into it.''

It's not obstruction within the meaning of the law if the ball is within playing distance but it was a deliberate elbow IMO.

If Brown brought his elbow up deliberately which he did then it's violent conduct in the same as it's deliberate handball if your arms are in an unnatural position and the ball then strikes your raised arms.

Agreed it was a fantastic tackle. We need a player like that.

We've had players make exactly the same kind of challenge and face week-long campaigns questioning the honesty of the referee for not sending our man off. We've also had players booked or red carded for less.

Fwiw, I thought it was a good tackle. Unfortunately I gave up football many years ago and you can't get away with that these days............. or so we're told.

The media message seems to be clear: "All hail the Gallowgate Galacticos!"

And again, all stuff that oozes out of that clubs is that they have no dignity in defeat or win. Not that someone would expect it from them in this day and age.

Yes oh how even our crumb of comfort goal ( not meaningless to me mind you) must have stuck in the mhedia's throats.

Disgrace nothing was done about either foul and the second nearly led to a goal, I was flaming ragin at the time.

Edited by scotjo