"Some Rangers fans need a wee reality check - the Ibrox club is still on the up"

The Club don't "Have too" do anything of the sort.....bottom line is, if the club did release some kind of statement, there would be a (Large) section of fans that would still not be happy & continue to criticise. If they were to say "we are looking to bring in 5 x £1m players".....folk would say "Why not £1.5m or £2m??" "why limit it to 5". Or if they were to come out with a definition of their footballing vision/strategy, folk would complain "It's too similar to MW & that didn't work" etc.

On the flip side, if it was a fairly generic statement about future plans, folk would complain that it's too vague & they want details....

It's really a no-win situation for the club.

Sorry but all companies need to take action when customers are losing faith. It is imperative the club does so. They can obviously decide not to engage the support but that doesn't mean it's what they must do.

As for the excuse of it being difficult to get agreement across the support, that's is just cowardice that leaves us where we are now.

If their reasoning is sound there should be no fear . If someone questions your decisions you should be confident in your reasoning, if not you shouldn't be making the decisions. Most fans are arguing about things through ignorance of the facts. That's the boards fault.

Being in control at Rangers brings great scrutiny. The proper way to deal with that scrutiny is not to hide away ,its to make sure your decisions are based on sound reasoning and in the best interest of the club at all times. The current silence brings nothing but doubt and anger.

Sorry but all companies need to take action when customers are losing faith. It is imperative the club does so. They can obviously decide not to engage the support but that doesn't mean it's what they must do.

As for the excuse of it being difficult to get agreement across the support, that's is just cowardice that leaves us where we are now.

If their reasoning is sound there should be no fear . If someone questions your decisions you should be confident in your reasoning, if not you shouldn't be making the decisions. Most fans are arguing about things through ignorance of the facts. That's the boards fault.

Being in control at Rangers brings great scrutiny. The proper way to deal with that scrutiny is not to hide away ,its to make sure your decisions are based on sound reasoning and in the best interest of the club at all times. The current silence brings nothing but doubt and anger.

The last "major" statement from the club about the new manager stated that they had followed a thorough process in identifying the new manager & PC was the result of that process. How did that work out for the club???

Supporters demanding to know what the process was, who made the decision etc.

Many fans not getting behind the manager because they don't think he should he here....

Criticising his every move & comment etc

Those very same fans were previously complaining that they hadn't been told anything about the new manager. A large proportion of fans are practically demanding that the board give a running commentary of their day-to-day working, then greetin' cause the board aren't complying.

Fans want transparency.....however, no-one appears to know what that transparency entails or means.

I think what we need is to be able to buy into what the vision for the future looks like. There's no way that we can be given a warts-and-all strategic plan and budget for scrutiny, so we need to have faith that we have competent leaders at all levels, who are not only professionally competent to manage the club within defined boundaries, but are capable of designing and implementing the vision that has been laid out.

At the Board level, we seem to have a degree of dysfunction because King is the reference point for all major decisions, disempowering the executive management team and thus delaying some decisions; in some cases, this seems to have added reputational anf financial risk to the business, as seen with the Warburton departure.

At the executive level, we seem to have a wide range of strategic challenges, but only a couple of executives in place to address them. My own take is that Robertson and Dickson are good and experienced men, but simply have too broad a remit to be able to give everything its due attention. Again this exposes us to increased levels of risk.

Within the football infrastructure, we've been promised a Director of Football and that this was a priority appointment. I think most have accepted that this is a reasonable strategy but its been a couple of months since this appointment was "imminent" but very little progress since then. Recruitment is a difficult process on so many levels, and I think most would be happy to take a bit more time to make the right appointment, but where are we and what timescales are we working to? Surely we needed to have someone in place to support the manager with summer transfer activity? What is the interim plan if that structure is not there?

Investment? Well, who knows what the deal is here. As many have said, either we need to see the colour of the current board's money, or we get some clarity on the limitations placed on us. Tabloid hysterics aside, I think most can take a pragmatic view on this if we have some clarity on what is going on - and I fully understand that there are a multitude of constraints on this topic, not least the Takover Panel, litigation with Sports Direct, stock exchange listings (or lack of), restrictions on share issues following the AGM.... the list goes on.

Unfortunately, however well intentioned our current leaders are, its simply not enough to provide vague promises that are not backed up with clear action. We've been through too much and we're inherently mistrustful. Its down to the leaders in our club to change that.

Edited by stewarty

I thought the club was proposing to appoint a Supporters' Liason Officer. That could be something this person could do perhaps? It would seem like the first step in building a closer relationship with the fans, and in idea opportunity for this appointed rep to get the supporters to buy into the vision.

Just a thought. I can't remember when this appointment was due to be made or if it's been done already, but either way it would seem a sensible route to achieve this.

I thought the club was proposing to appoint a Supporters' Liason Officer. That could be something this person could do perhaps? It would seem like the first step in building a closer relationship with the fans, and in idea opportunity for this appointed rep to get the supporters to buy into the vision.

Just a thought. I can't remember when this appointment was due to be made or if it's been done already, but either way it would seem a sensible route to achieve this.

It has already been made: https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/supporters-liaison-officer-appointed/

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

Greig Marshal has been appointed a few weeks ago and has started at the club. And yes, it is a key appointment to help facilitate good communication with supporters. Early days though.

I have been all over the various Rangers boards since Saturday, a few are blaming PC but not a lot. Others are blaming the board. But the biggest gripe i think is about the the lack of good PR and the total lack of fight in this board.

It's becoming a big issue within the support and it will cost this board season tickets, i'm not renewing my ST next season. I've had enough of the dignified silence and what i have termed as the ''Conscientious Objector routine'' from this board.

It's a protest from me, sort out our PR, fight for our club and give the fans the support they deserve. If i can see some signs of the board taking the fans complaints seriously, i will be back.

I have been all over the various Rangers boards since Saturday, a few are blaming PC but not a lot. Others are blaming the board. But the biggest gripe i think is about the the lack of good PR and the total lack of fight in this board.

It's becoming a big issue within the support and it will cost this board season tickets, i'm not renewing my ST next season. I've had enough of the dignified silence and what i have termed as the ''Conscientious Objector routine'' from this board.

It's a protest from me, sort out our PR, fight for our club and give the fans the support they deserve. If i can see some signs of the board taking the fans complaints seriously, i will be back.

Until the club gets on the front foot and can show progress on a range of issues, I think you will not be alone in not reneweing.

The last "major" statement from the club about the new manager stated that they had followed a thorough process in identifying the new manager & PC was the result of that process. How did that work out for the club???

Supporters demanding to know what the process was, who made the decision etc.

Many fans not getting behind the manager because they don't think he should he here....

Criticising his every move & comment etc

Those very same fans were previously complaining that they hadn't been told anything about the new manager. A large proportion of fans are practically demanding that the board give a running commentary of their day-to-day working, then greetin' cause the board aren't complying.

Fans want transparency.....however, no-one appears to know what that transparency entails or means.

the Board said a Director Of Football was a priority 3 months ago

so where is the update on that?

surely they should gave been in place before any manager was appointed and definitely before another round of transfer business is started

Edited by jhunter

We haven't qualified for Europe yet and whilst that would be a good achievement in context there are now worrying signs. The evidence has been there for quite a while that progression is stalling and our rivals are accelerating. High level plan was clearly stated to challenge for the title. That is not happening with the current levels of investment. It would s incumbent on the Board to tell us how they are going to respond to these changed circumstances.

Finishing 4th secures Euro participation this year and as it stands all we need is a single point to secure a minimum 4th and even if we didn't get a single point from the remaining matches hearts would have to win all 4 of theirs while we lost all 4 of ours. I don't think either of these things will happen.