Partick Thistle 1 - 2 Rangers

And, actually, I did a quick calculation and it turns out Pedro's record is better than both Murty and Warburton, so "gone backwards" is a complete fallacy. Murty picked up 1 point-per-game, Warburton 1.7 ppg, but Pedro has picked up 2 ppg.

Yeah i dont get this we went hugely backwards under murty. We were brutal. Then we got lucky in a game then we did well in one.

And, actually, I did a quick calculation and it turns out Pedro's record is better than both Murty and Warburton, so "gone backwards" is a complete fallacy. Murty picked up 1 point-per-game, Warburton 1.7 ppg, but Pedro has picked up 2 ppg.

Not done the numbers but would take a stab we have better goals for and also against since he came in. Certainly had more clean sheets in his short time than during the rest of the season combined

Not done the numbers but would take a stab we have better goals for and also against since he came in. Certainly had more clean sheets in his short time than during the rest of the season combined

Exactly; 4 clean-sheets in his 7 games. The last time we kept a clean-sheet was January. And that's with Bates and Beerman in the back-four.

I am beginning to wonder if the manager has a scooby?

The only criticism I have of PC just now is that he's changing tactics too much,

A manager or coach should be able to make players play to the best of their ability. This team has went backwards since Pedro came in.

In my opinion PC is doing the best he can with the dross that he has been gifted by MW.

I like the way he changes tactics when Plan A isn't working and I don't care if he changes three times a game or three times a week, so long as we win.

Today we started 4-3-3 or as Rousseau would have it 4-2-1-3.

He took off Waghorn and sent on Hill , and your first thought is what the hell. But then you see it's actually an attacking move because we go 3 at the back in a 3-4-3.

Then he loses Wilson and essentially we go 4-2-4 all out to win and it works.

I am not going to criticise that one bit.

We criticised MW for having no Plan B and all the pre-planned substitutions; now we have a real coach; what do folk want?

Let's see who we can bring in and what next season brings before we start criticising PC.

Give the man a chance.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

It's a fact that we were outplayed by a decent Thistle side in the first half and at the start of the second half; but PC saw that and changed things.

And we won the game despite the fact that a majority of these players will not be with us or if they are they will be squad players next season.

We've lost twice badly to a Celtic team who we all know are streets head of us in every department. Other than that we've won 4 and drawn 2 in the league under Pedro with 12 for and 2 against and 4 clean sheets. I'd say that's a a more than reasonable record considering the lack of quality which is not his responsibility.

I think the managers ideas are better suited to better players. The only criticism I have of PC just now is that he's 'changing tactics too much', with players that are just too rubbish to execute them. [/Quote]

Pedro changed the tactics - something MW could not do.

The 'players' stuck with it and came up with a win - better late than never !

[/Quote] The season is a write-off, so I'm glad to see PC giving the youngsters a go. We've been saying it all season: we need a massive clear-out and upgrade in every position; the manager can't do anything about that just now. [/Quote]

Have we not finished higher than expected in our first season back ?

We know we have no MF ............

- a reminder of what Pedro inherited & where we are :-

8 Jon Toral Spain CM/CAM (age 22) Injured

11 Josh Windass England CM/AM (age 23) Started - played 90 mins

15 Harry Forrester England AM/RW/LW (age 26) - out of favour !?

16 Andy Halliday Scotland DM/CM (age 25) Bench

18 Jordan Rossiter England DM/CM (age 20) Injured

19 Niko Kranjčar Croatia AM (age 32) Injured

20 E. Hyndman U.States CM/AM (age 21) Injured

21 Matt Crooks England DM/CB (age 23) Injured

23 Jason Holt Scotland DM/CM (age 24) Started - subbed

52 Liam Burt Scotland AM/CM (age 18) Loan

55 Jamie Barjonas Scotland CM (age 18) Bench/subbed on

[/Quote] I thought Garner was good today. He didn't get much service, but when we did he won everything, both in the air and into feet; and a good finish for the goal.

FWIIW - I thought this was Garner's most constructive performance of the season in a game more suited to his style.

I shudder to think what/how 'The Breadman' might have handled this situation...

.......... thoughts !?

[QUOT

E=Blinkyman;681947]Pedro changed the tactics - something MW could not do.

The 'players' stuck with it and came up with a win - better late than never !

[/Quote] The season is a write-off, so I'm glad to see PC giving the youngsters a go. We've been saying it all season: we need a massive clear-out and upgrade in every position; the manager can't do anything about that just now. [/Quote]

Have we not finished higher than expected in our first season back ?

We know we have no MF ............

- a reminder of what Pedro inherited & where we are :-

8 Jon Toral Spain CM/CAM (age 22) Injured

11 Josh Windass England CM/AM (age 23) Started - played 90 mins

15 Harry Forrester England AM/RW/LW (age 26) - out of favour !?

16 Andy Halliday Scotland DM/CM (age 25) Bench

18 Jordan Rossiter England DM/CM (age 20) Injured

19 Niko Kranjčar Croatia AM (age 32) Injured

20 E. Hyndman U.States CM/AM (age 21) Injured

21 Matt Crooks England DM/CB (age 23) Injured

23 Jason Holt Scotland DM/CM (age 24) Started - subbed

52 Liam Burt Scotland AM/CM (age 18) Loan

55 Jamie Barjonas Scotland CM (age 18) Bench/subbed on

[/Quote] I thought Garner was good today. He didn't get much service, but when we did he won everything, both in the air and into feet; and a good finish for the goal.

FWIIW - I thought this was Garner's most constructive performance of the season in a game more suited to his style.

I shudder to think what/how 'The Breadman' might have handled this situation...

.......... thoughts !?

Quite so not only has PC inherited dross but look at the injury list.

There is non comparison whatsoever between PC and MW; surely that much is clear to everyone already.

Edited by BrahimHemdani