Partick Thistle 1 - 2 Rangers

I'd just like to pay tribute to a bear who was a member of my supporters club during the 90s who sadly passed away this morning.

Dill Srivastava was only 53 and leaves a wife and young family. Although he didn't make it to games that much any more he still had a couple of season tickets in the main stand.

He was successful in business and had an office supplies company. he could often be seen driving into the Albion in his Bentley.

RIP my friend.

What was our formation in the first half, wasn't to sure myself but some are saying it was a straight 4-4-2?

I thought he was going with the diamond again but in truth I ain't got a clue? It was hard to tell as the players don't seem to understand what is expected of them?

The second half was a bit better and bizzarely the players seemed relatively comfortable when we went 3-4-3 then 4-2-4.

What was our formation in the first half, wasn't to sure myself but some are saying it was a straight 4-4-2?

I thought he was going with the diamond again but in truth I ain't got a clue? It was hard to tell as the players don't seem to understand what is expected of them?

The second half was a bit better and bizzarely the players seemed relatively comfortable when we went 3-4-3 then 4-2-4.

It was a straightforward 4-3-3, albeit with a few players playing in different roles - Windass and Miller were playing quite deep.

It was a straightforward 4-3-3, albeit with a few players playing in different roles - Windass and Miller were playing quite deep.

I don't have understand why they don't understand (getting confusing) what it is they are being asked to do? The first half was all over the place.

The second half was a bit better and we got out of jail but the players look bewildered?

IF we were in the running for the title, someone would say: well, we did not play well, but if you don't do that and still come away with all three points, it is the stuff champions are made of. Given where we are, Thistle will be fuming that they came away with nothing, and rightly so, as we were mediocre at the best of times. By our standards.

I would not go as far as saying that Thistle "dominated" us, though they had some good spells in the first half. But it was more like they were solid as a unit and stopped us from playing any sort of cohesive football. I looked at how the midfield and attacking lines played and wondered, who the one which was pulling the strings was? I had assumed it would be Windass, or maybe Miller, but people were running all over the place at times two in the same area, which left another open for the counter. Speaking of which, and it might sound like a weekly rant, Tavernier really needs to get his act together if he wants to have a future as a Rangers defender. He was caught up field - or napping - again today, which left Bates in all sorts of trouble. Tav's shooting, crossing and passing was shocking, by his standards. And I was again left wondering, why he was still putting in all free kicks and corners ...

PC's changes were interesting, the change he switched from Halliday to Barjonas much welcomed by me ... as Halliday would sure have changed nothing. Well, obviously, the McKay change was match-changing, though you do ask yourself why McKay hasn't featured more often. Today's piece of skill will sure add another 250k on his fee ... if there is one.

Alas, we effectively need one point from our remaining 3 games, should St. Johnstone win all of theirs. I would assume we can manage that.

Edited by der Berliner

What was the reason for Garner's yellow card at the end? He did not leave the field of play or tore his shirt off?

EDIT: Ah, the BBC Lifetext says:

90'+5' Joe Garner (Rangers) is shown the yellow card for excessive celebration.

I seem to remember Griffiths jumping into the stands during their away games, with no action being taken whatsoever ...

Edited by der Berliner