Naismith is better than anything we have. He was one of Evertons key players 2 seasons ago. We haven't had someone of his quality for 5 years so if he wants to come back then I don't think we are in a position to say no

It wouldnt be so bad if he had come out to say he was wrong with 'that' statement but he hasnt even had the decency to do that because he is hot headed and to proud and 50 a week down south was obviously the main thing on this mind.

That might be what you see clearly Pete. What I see clearly is a man who has the passion and desire that we've not had for some time. He hasn't proven anything yet, but deserves the time to do so. What he has done though is blooded some youngsters, and started the process of clearing out those that are not up to standard. What else can he do? I'm honestly embarrassed by our support sometimes. We've got so many "experts" in football opining on someone who has only been in charge a short time. I'd like to think we are better than that. With "supporters" like ours, the guy doesn't need enemies.

I think to a large degree Pedro has been experimenting, he came into a not very envied position and had to work with what he had, Europe was more or less secured anyway and he has poked about with the team for a bit, it's a case of give him the tools and the time and I reckon as he likes tinkering, with the right tools he will mould something good.

Edited by scotjo

I think to a large degree Pedro has been experimenting, he came into a not very envied position and had to work with what he had, Europe was more or less secured anyway and he has poked about with the team for a bit, it's a case of give him the tools and the time and I reckon as he likes tinkering, with the right tools he will mould something good.

Pedro has mentioned several times, that he came in early in order to assess the squad etc.

It wouldnt be so bad if he had come out to say he was wrong with 'that' statement but he hasnt even had the decency to do that because he is hot headed and to proud and 50 a week down south was obviously the main thing on this mind.

I'm with you on that Gribz! If he has any intention of returning that must be addressed immediately. Otherwise he should lose any notion of ever returning. It will only be facilitated smoothly should he apologise for his performance and comments at "that" press conference.