Maybe it's the fact lots of our fans only want to criticise and don't react with equivalent praise when something positive happens, very weird for supporters to only fixate on negatives. It's at the stage where they seem to be only energised by negatives. The simplest discussion always reverts to a negative. Would be nice to see the same passion put into talking us up.

That's not aimed at cdynamo1 think he's just had bad timing here tbh and his opinion has reasoning to explain it so all good there

Give me something to talk up and ill do it.Idont see nothing recently.

Perhaps not much to "talk up", but sure not all there is needs to "put down" either. Whether here or on FF, you see a lack of objectivity when it comes to evaluate our squad, players and the league and situation we are in. Which is doubly disappointing since we all know where we were just a few years, some may say months back.

Perhaps not much to "talk up", but sure not all there is needs to "put down" either. Whether here or on FF, you see a lack of objectivity when it comes to evaluate our squad, players and the league and situation we are in. Which is doubly disappointing since we all know where we were just a few years, some may say months back.

Surely harking back to where we were is hardly being positive?

We would do well to let the past be-----it may let us move on a bit.

Surely harking back to where we were is hardly being positive?

We would do well to let the past be-----it may let us move on a bit.

"Harking back" is not about being negative or positive - it's about being pragmatic and realistic in our expectations.

Equally, my plea for some balance in our assessment is not an attempt to block others' opinions. It's merely an attempt to have a rationale and reasoned debate on here. There are many on the forum who can see the negative in everything, and the positive in very little. That's sad, depressing, and unreasonable.

What some of our supporters fail to realise is that the younger generation of Rangers fans is being put off by the negativity around our club. They hear and see all of the negative stories and are being affected, resulting in apathy towards Rangers, and therefore Scottish football in general. These kids are looking to the EPL and other foreign teams instead. The press is to blame to some degree, but when you hear the way many of our own supporters talk about the club, I think they have to shoulder a lot of the blame too. Kids like something to look forward to. Can't we just give that to them? If we don't, they'll continue to lose interest, and then what?

What I'm trying to do is give my kids, and others, some balanced enthusiasm for our team. Equally, I'm trying to manage expectations to ensure that we have something to look forward to. We have enough detractors without our own support jumping on the negativity bandwagon.

"Harking back" is not about being negative or positive - it's about being pragmatic and realistic in our expectations.

Equally, my plea for some balance in our assessment is not an attempt to block others' opinions. It's merely an attempt to have a rationale and reasoned debate on here. There are many on the forum who can see the negative in everything, and the positive in very little. That's sad, depressing, and unreasonable.

What some of our supporters fail to realise is that the younger generation of Rangers fans is being put off by the negativity around our club. They hear and see all of the negative stories and are being affected, resulting in apathy towards Rangers, and therefore Scottish football in general. These kids are looking to the EPL and other foreign teams instead. The press is to blame to some degree, but when you hear the way many of our own supporters talk about the club, I think they have to shoulder a lot of the blame too. Kids like something to look forward to. Can't we just give that to them? If we don't, they'll continue to lose interest, and then what?

What I'm trying to do is give my kids, and others, some balanced enthusiasm for our team. Equally, I'm trying to manage expectations to ensure that we have something to look forward to. We have enough detractors without our own support jumping on the negativity bandwagon.

A very reasonable and measured reply Gaffer.There is only one problem-----there is virtualy nothing(at this moment in time)to be positive about.

You cant counjure up enthusiasm or positivity out of thin air----its got to come from performances or your living on faith.

You can dress it up any way you want ,but the fact is we are hopeless.The board need to give us something to believe in---now.

That goes for the manager as well.Soul destroying results,well,they destroy the soul.

True enough, but I would expect that is not down to him alone? As I said elsewhere, how he would perform with another clubs is anyone's guess. He will have different players around him, as well as different playing styles and quality of players against him. Which obviously also holds true for any other player, though to a lesser extend to guys like Jack, Cummings, or other Scottish folk, who are used to it.

I did say when I first posted that a few days ago that there is no way of knowing to what extent he is responsible for Cagliari's goals against, it might well be that it would be higher without his influence.

Anyway, I'd be delighted to see him here. Can't wait to see him put Griffiths on the track.

As it stands all we need to tighten up this league is to put ourselves a level above the sheep etc and I don't think that's too difficult to achieve in the coming window. We will have Rossiter and Niko coming back into the midfield for free which all on it's own will make a massive difference. Even with the current team we generally totally dominated but were guilty of schoolyard defensive slip ups and failure to put away enough of the barrel load of chances we were creating.

If rumours are to be believed we will be adding 5 first team players which if say 2 or 3 went into stiffening the defence with 1 joining Rossiter and Niko in the middle and another up front we will be a whole different proposition. The unmentionables were dropping points left right and centre last season and were totally outplayed by is in the SC SF. What did they add? Two? It often doesn't take much to massively change the performances of a team.

Are we still the second best team in Scotland this season, in your opinion?

They added 7, the significant of which were Sinclair, Kouassi, Gamboa and Ajer, for a combined total of 8m. Seven went, of which Johansen and Scepovic earned them 3m. The rest were freebies et al, where you can strike gold, as they did with Dembele.

The big point is that they hardly had major or lengthy injuries to any of their valuable players and played on a consistently high level throughout, even though they sure got a hand in many a game early on, with wrongly given goals, dubious free kicks, penalties and the freedom of Scotland when it came to fouling the opposition. It is, IMHO, rather unlikely, that they will see another such campaign again.

Celtic will be better next season, with or without Dembele, for the simple reason that they will keep more or less the same team together and will probably add some quality signings.

They may have added just two players but you are ignoring or forgetting the biggest addition they made - Rodgers. That's what really won them the leagie

JFK has a tendency to ignore the facts.

"we generally totally dominated " I don't remember us dominating anyone other than Hamilton and Kilmarnock and we've been humiliated at home by Celtic and Aberdeen in record breaking situations.

"all we need to tighten up this league is to put ourselves a level above the sheep" that's apart from the 40 point gap to Celtic of course.

Celtic are the top seeds in CLQ2 and will be second top seeds in CLQ3 & Q4 if they get through. Would anyone here bet against them qualifying for the group stages again and benefiting from another huge financial boost?

2016/17 Figures

HOW THE MONEY IS SHARED OUT

FOR TEAMS IN THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Group stage onward

Forecast revenues

The net amount available to participating clubs will be split on a 60:40 basis between fixed amounts and variable amounts (market pool).

Based on the net amount of €1.2689bn, the fixed amounts will be €761.9m (group stage allocations, performance and qualification bonuses) and the variable amounts €507m (market pool).

Fixed amounts (€761.9m)

Basic allocation for each club in group stage: €12.7m.

Performance bonus per group win: €1.5m

Performance bonus per group draw: €500,000 per draw.

Non-distributed amounts (€500,000 per draw) will be pooled and redistributed among the clubs playing in the group stage in amounts proportionate to their number of wins.

Round of 16 appearance: €6m

Quarter-final appearance: €6.5m

Semi-finalist appearance €7.5m

The UEFA Champions League winners can expect to receive €15.5m and the runners-up €11m, inclusive of their share of ticket revenue from the final (no additional amount will be paid to the finalists in relation to ticketing as was customary in the past).

A club could therefore receive, at best, €57.2m, not including their play-off allocations or market pool share

In addition

Market pool (€507m)

An estimated €507m will be distributed according to the proportional value of each television market represented by the clubs taking part in the UEFA Champions League (group stage onwards) and split among the clubs participating from a given association.

Half of the amount representing the value of each market will be split among the clubs based on their performance in the previous domestic championship.

The other half of the amount representing the value of each market will be paid in proportion to the number of matches played by each club in the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League.

In the case of Scotland, Celtic would get 100% of this money.

UEFA has announced €507 million in market pool money for each of the next three champions league seasons. Which will be distributed according proportional value of each TV market (Country/League). So the market pool awarded to each country’s league will be distributed among the teams from that league according to their performance in previous league season and how many matches they will play in the given champions league season.

English clubs will benefit the most with the new Market Pool distribution system and If an english club were to win the champions league in 2016-17 season they will earn more than €110 million (around €55m from performance based + another €50m/€60m with market pool).

If FC Basel were to win the Champions League they won’t make as much as Real Madrid or Barcelona did in the last couple of years. Why ? because of the market value of the team. Teams coming from top 4 European Leagues get the bigger chunk of the market pool.

Every League (not teams) gets specific market pool money according to the UEFA Ranking of European Leagues, and for example last season from Spain Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Real Sociedad played in group stages so the total market pool for spain was shared between four teams. Where Barcelona got €24.6 million, Real Madrid €20 million, Atletico got €17 million and Real Sociedad got €8.5 million in market pool money.

Juventus on the other hand got massive €58.20 million from market pool money because only them and AS Roma from Italy played in the group stages and Roma knocked out in group stages leaving Juventus with huge portion.

So the Market Pool given out to other low ranked leagues like Ukraine, Russia (Scotland) etc is much lower so the clubs from those countries get less money even if they over achieve and qualify for the later stages of the champions League.

How much Real Madrid and Atletico Earned during Last Champions League prize money ?

Real Madrid defeated Atletico in the final of 2016 Champions League and set to pocket minimum €94 million from their 2015-16 european campaign. While Atletico will be making around €82 million.

Real Madrid earned around €40.6 million in market pool money plus €53.4m in performance based money taking total earnings from 2015-16 season to €94 million.

Atletico got €35 million in market pool plus €47m in performance based making grand total of €82 million for their 2015-16 champions league campaign.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/uefa-champions-league-prize-money/

Based on 2014/15 figures I would guess that if Celtic qualify it would be worth somewhere in the region of €3-5 million (the team from Cyprus got €2.5 million) from the market pool; so that would be a total of around £17.5 million; even if they don't get a point in the Group stages.

Unless any of our investors is going to put in that kind of money, the financial gap is going to get wider before it gets narrower.

Edited by BrahimHemdani