none of those teams have been through what we have been through and are all there (rankings wise) for a reason , we just need to get a team on the park that can compete next year , it will be a slow process

none of those teams have been through what we have been through and are all there (rankings wise) for a reason , we just need to get a team on the park that can compete next year , it will be a slow process

It's a case of taking it a step at a time.

We have achieved out main goal of getting into the Euro draws, we now need to see how far we can ride that wave. There should be more funds available this season for players, so the squad SHOULD improve considerably. This will then provide the boost for next season, and another step up.

We may have one advantage if we start training early but on pure quality terms we are very unlikely to get to the group stages (even with a couple of signings). However getting the name back in Europe is the objective so would be a bonus to be in that final qualification round (mysteriously called the play off). We need to be realistic this next year. Within 10 points of the mhanks and a group qualification would be exceptional

Wouldn't want any team from Eastern Europe, not least Croatia, Serbia et al. Q3 includes some real heavy-weights best avoided too.

Any team in Q3 could quite legitimately expect to horse us. :(

1st looks okay 2nd will be hard fought and certainly no guarantee 3rd a stretch too far

Receiving a doing from any team in Q3 would be a nice problem to have. I'd love to see us face most of those teams (i.e. The higher profile ones). As many of us have said, it'll be fantastic to get those Euro nights back. It's what many of us have missed the most over the past few years.

I agree with all these thoughts.

We SHOULD sail through Q1 but remember Celtic lost in GIb.

Q2 is a lottery. Again we SHOULD have a reasonable chance against the Scandinavian or Cypriot teams (although Cyprus is now on a par with Scotland) but we came unstuck in Sweden before. I wouldn't fancy Slovakia, Serbia, Croatia, Belarus etc.

Q3 already looks like a bridge too far but it would be nice to get into the hat and draw Milan or Marseille.

I know it's a bit off topic but remember Artmedia Bratislava who beat Celtic 5-0, 0-4 in the 2005/06 CL and who we drew with twice the following season. Artmedia were members of the top flight Slovak league from its inception in 1993 until 2010.

In the 2009–10 season they were relegated from the top-tier Corgoň Liga to the Slovak Second Division after finishing last. Two years later in the 2011–12 season they were relegated to the Slovak Third Division. In 2014, due to severe financial problems, the team was relegated to the lowest division (Slovak Fifth League). Remind you of anything? They were promoted to the 4th level for 2016/17.

The club are now called FC Petržalka akadémia and plays its home matches at its own new stadium with a capacity of 1,500. The club's old home ground, Štadión Petržalka, which held 9,000 was demolished.

7GFdmE7.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Petr%C5%BEalka_akad%C3%A9mia

I recall it was a nightmare to get into but their fans were great, buying us drink in the railway carriage that passed for their Club across the road.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I know it's a bit off topic but remember Artmedia Bratislava who beat Celtic 5-0, 0-4 in the 2005/06 CL and who we drew with twice the following season. Artmedia were members of the top flight Slovak league from its inception in 1993 until 2010.

In the 2009–10 season they were relegated from the top-tier Corgoň Liga to the Slovak Second Division after finishing last. Two years later in the 2011–12 season they were relegated to the Slovak Third Division. In 2014, due to severe financial problems, the team was relegated to the lowest division (Slovak Fifth League). Remind you of anything? They were promoted to the 4th level for 2016/17.

The club are now called FC Petržalka akadémia and plays its home matches at its own new stadium with a capacity of 1,500. The club's old home ground, Štadión Petržalka, which held 9,000 was demolished.

7GFdmE7.png

I recall it was a nightmare to get into but their fans were great, buying us drink in the railway carriage that passed for their Club across the road.

Brahim do you ever do anything else but let people buy you drinks. i think it must be you and not Christine that is a multimillionaire. :D

7GFdmE7.png

We didn't play at their ground it was another stadium.

We didn't play at their ground it was another stadium.

Thank you for the correction. I found it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teheln%C3%A9_pole.'>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teheln%C3%A9_pole.

Tehelné pole, most commonly, the name refers to the football stadium in this district which is the home ground of Slovan Bratislava.

In 2005–06, it was also used as the "home" ground for FC Artmedia Bratislava in that club's Champions League and UEFA Cup campaigns, as Artmedia's own ground did not meet minimum standards for UEFA competitions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teheln%C3%A9_pole

I don't recall you buying me one but there's always next time. :cheers:

Come on I may live in Germany but I am still a Scot. And it was after all you who invited us.:D

I was quite happy to go to another pub or sit on the bar for another while but it looked to me everyone was hitting the road. I was surprised when BD said everyone deserted him. As you say there will be a next time.