And circumstances are so important. With all this talk of unbeaten seasons I cast my mind back to a season where I was at every home game (it was another season or two before I did every away game too) and we went to the last game of the league still unbeaten. The standard was so high then that even if we had won we still would have been second in the league. Probably their best team ever and probably, despite all the international stars of later decades, one of the best Rangers' team I've seen (bizarrely I reckon the best to have been the one that somehow lost at Berwick. I mean that I saw live - which came after Baxter's first spell - not just on TV). We lost the last game as it happened which means, I am supposing, the SMSM have not referred to it much, if at all.

We were better than them in the first 2 games. Only under Pedro could they dominate us.

Lol. And yet under the same Pedro we pumped them 3-0. But that doesn't suit your agenda, does it Pete ?

But under very different circumstances.

Well yes, the Yahoos were paying 10 times as much in transfer fees for their team - as opposed to ours, and 30 times more than the rest in Scotland.

We've endured a disjointed season on as well as off the park, still got our act together to end up third as a promoted team. We got hit by the Scum ... and Aberdeen of late at probably the most inopportune moment for us, the best for them. I doubt that will happen very often in the future again.

They will go ballistic about going unbeaten* in their 1967 anniversary season, and all and sundry will talk them up as if they had won a meaningful title race against opponents at eye-level. When in fact their unbeaten run thus far is no better than our's in the league a couple of seasons or so ago, when each and everyone told us allthe way that it means nothing against the "poor" opposition ... aye right.

*T'seems that Aberdeen are reparing to end that

The scum domestically may seem to be over-hyped but they have not been and are not total as they were truly humped in Europe.

With regards to our third place finish I am quite pleased as I said time and time again top6 was a must and any to3 finish a bonus which because of which I feel we have then achieved.

The scum domestically may seem to be over-hyped but they have not been and are not total as they were truly humped in Europe.

With regards to our third place finish I am quite pleased as I said time and time again top6 was a must and any to3 finish a bonus which because of which I feel we have then achieved.

Europa League Qualification was the minimum requirement this season. We achieved that but there was little else to get excited about.

However expectations will increase significantly next season.

Europa League Qualification was the minimum requirement this season. We achieved that but there was little else to get excited about.

However expectations will increase significantly next season.

When is the draw for Europa? I just looked at all the Euro tables and the leagues are pretty much over.

When is the draw for Europa? I just looked at all the Euro tables and the leagues are pretty much over.

Lifted from FF:

Europa league draw dates and potential opponents

The draw for the first and second qualifying rounds will be on 19/6/17.

The first qualifying round first leg will be on 29/6 and/1 the second leg on 6/7.

The second qualifying round first leg will be on 13/7 and second leg on

20/7.

The draw for the third qualifying round will be on 14/7.

The third qualifying round first leg will be on 27/7 and the second leg on 3/8.

Play-Off draw will be on 4/8.

The first Leg will be play on 17/8 and the second leg on 24/8.

The Group stage draw will be on 25/8.

Potential opponents First qualifying round. Red star Belgrade, Legia warsaw, Lech Poznan, Austria wien.

Seconds qualifying round, Galatasary or Fenerbahce, Maccabi tel aviv.

Third qualifying round, Dinamo Zagreb, Everton, Braga, PSV, One these three Spanish teams Bilbao, Villarreal, Sociedad, either Milan or Foirentina, Gent, CSKA, Zenit, Krasnodar, Rostov, Marseille or Bordeaux. Most are to be determined But most are likely to be in these rounds, Then we will have the ECL drop outs in the play-off round if we get that far. Thoughts bears?

Lifted from FF:

Europa league draw dates and potential opponents

The draw for the first and second qualifying rounds will be on 19/6/17.

The first qualifying round first leg will be on 29/6 and/1 the second leg on 6/7.

The second qualifying round first leg will be on 13/7 and second leg on

20/7.

The draw for the third qualifying round will be on 14/7.

The third qualifying round first leg will be on 27/7 and the second leg on 3/8.

Play-Off draw will be on 4/8.

The first Leg will be play on 17/8 and the second leg on 24/8.

The Group stage draw will be on 25/8.

Potential opponents First qualifying round. Red star Belgrade, Legia warsaw, Lech Poznan, Austria wien.

Seconds qualifying round, Galatasary or Fenerbahce, Maccabi tel aviv.

Third qualifying round, Dinamo Zagreb, Everton, Braga, PSV, One these three Spanish teams Bilbao, Villarreal, Sociedad, either Milan or Foirentina, Gent, CSKA, Zenit, Krasnodar, Rostov, Marseille or Bordeaux. Most are to be determined But most are likely to be in these rounds, Then we will have the ECL drop outs in the play-off round if we get that far. Thoughts bears?

Don't think some of that is accurate. Especially ELQ1 opponents