As it stands all we need to tighten up this league is to put ourselves a level above the sheep etc and I don't think that's too difficult to achieve in the coming window. We will have Rossiter and Niko coming back into the midfield for free which all on it's own will make a massive difference. Even with the current team we generally totally dominated but were guilty of schoolyard defensive slip ups and failure to put away enough of the barrel load of chances we were creating.

If rumours are to be believed we will be adding 5 first team players which if say 2 or 3 went into stiffening the defence with 1 joining Rossiter and Niko in the middle and another up front we will be a whole different proposition. The unmentionables were dropping points left right and centre last season and were totally outplayed by is in the SC SF. What did they add? Two? It often doesn't take much to massively change the performances of a team.

Try a dose of reality salts.

Even if we can get ahead of Aberdeen we'd still be 30 points behind Celtic and the gap is going to get wider, financially at least, until we somehow win the League again and get back into the CL Group stages (or Celtic fail to qualify), which is along long way off. See #40.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

and your opinion on barton, senderos and crap from league one was??

I thought Barton would be good. Never wanted Senderos or Kranjcar (he was playing part time football and never showed he'd recovered from previous setbacks) I was accepting of Hill and thought he'd be good cover.

Are we still the second best team in Scotland this season, in your opinion?

When even the current team play to their capabilities yes. Who in your opinion is second best? The sheep we outplayed 3 times out of 4? And as for getting ahead of the sheep and still being 30 points behind that's not going to happen if we're consistently beating the rest. Then it comes down to the games between them and us.

JFK has a tendency to ignore the facts.

"we generally totally dominated " I don't remember us dominating anyone other than Hamilton and Kilmarnock and we've been humiliated at home by Celtic and Aberdeen in record breaking situations.

I randomly picked out an away game against a top 6 side in which we didn't win, 28th December 2016, St Johnstone 1 - Rangers 1

Possession: St Johnstone 39% - Rangers 61%

Shots: St Johnstone 6 - Rangers 19

Shots on target: St Johnstone 2 - Rangers 5

One you seem to have forgotten pulled out randomly and there were many more like it.

When even the current team play to their capabilities yes. Who in your opinion is second best? The sheep we outplayed 3 times out of 4? And as for getting ahead of the sheep and still being 30 points behind that's not going to happen if we're consistently beating the rest. Then it comes down to the games between them and us.

The league table doesn't lie.

Aberdeen are the second best team in Scotland.

If you'd been there on Wednesday you would know they are miles better than us.

The league table doesn't lie.

Aberdeen are the second best team in Scotland.

If you'd been there on Wednesday you would know they are miles better than us.

Really? Would I have thought they were miles better than us at Pittodrie just a few weeks earlier when they were beaten 3-0? Is that what you thought?

Agree with JFK there. The end of season feel to this game with the possibility of players knowing they wont be at Ibrox next season meant a no show. Had there been something to play for I wouldnt have expected a defeat. They had to win again at Ibrox sometime and it is against a poor Gers team that wont be playing together in a few weeks then so be it. We went to pittodrie and thumped them and in the first half were far the better side and possibly the best Ive seen us play this season in that 45 minutes.

Really? Would I have thought they were miles better than us at Pittodrie just a few weeks earlier when they were beaten 3-0? Is that what you thought?

We were better than them in the first 2 games. Only under Pedro could they dominate us.

We were better than them in the first 2 games. Only under Pedro could they dominate us.

Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago, UNDER PEDRO, that we beat them 3-0? I think you're massaging the truth there to support your ongoing dislike of Pedro.