PC seems to be pouring a bit of scorn on the story by saying “Bruno Alves is a great player. I would like to sign him, Ronaldo and Messi.”

That's Pedro though, he's the type who won't confirm anything until a deal is done.

He's had a good career. Why is he leaving Cagliari though his Wikipedia entry (which is all I've read tbf) says he signed for 2 years last season with the option of a 3Rd. If true what's happened does he not like Italy have his legs gone? We've been stung too often in the past.

Edited by Crimson Dynamo

He's had a good career. Why is he leaving Cagliari though his Wikipedia entry (which is all I've read tbf) says he signed for 2 years last season with the option of a 3Rd. If true what's happened does he not like Italy have his legs gone? We've been stung too often in the past.

As has been pointed out he has played every game but equally Cagliari have the worst defensive record in serie a outside the bottom two.

Perhaps they are happy to let him go for a comparatively small fee but perhaps he would also like a shot at Europe with PC.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Or just maybe he wants to add something to his current cv .....

11 league titles

7 domestic cups

3 player of the year awards

1 European championship

AND

Won the 55th (a new world record) league title with the most successful team in the world.

:rfc:

As has been pointed out he has played every game but equally Cagliari have the worst defensive record in serie a outside the bottom two.

Perhaps they are happy to let him go for a comparatively small fee but perhaps he would also like a shot at Europe with PC.

True enough, but I would expect that is not down to him alone? As I said elsewhere, how he would perform with another clubs is anyone's guess. He will have different players around him, as well as different playing styles and quality of players against him. Which obviously also holds true for any other player, though to a lesser extend to guys like Jack, Cummings, or other Scottish folk, who are used to it.

He strikes me as someone whose career is over. I honestly feel like he will be someone who if he comes we'll end up paying to leave.

People are saying he won Euro 2016 he played 1 game.

And how many games did our other players have in Euro 16? How many games have most players had in Europe 16?

You really couldn't make this stuff up. We must have the most negative support in the world. I despair sometimes. We get the chance of a really good centre half with tons of experience and a winner of many titles, and we write him off before he's even been confirmed. I come on to these forums because I enjoy the chat, but some of the negativity would drive anyone to alcohol or worse.