Lets remember he's 'our' Pedro Caixinha - the manager of OUR Club

FWIW I think Rogers is there for the taking. He is no Guardiola or Mourinho.He will never get another top EPL job due to his abject failure at Liverpool

As long as the yahoos continue to spend £2to £3m MAX on players then they should still be within our sights - IF WE SPEND & RECRUIT WISELY (unlike those 11 signings Warburton made last summer)

And we have to hope PC has one or two aces up his sleeve. His CV suggests he has contacts all over the place. Let's hope so.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Rodgers got lucky with Suarez and Sturridge that season with Suarez being a Dalglish signing and a world class players. Sturridge staying fit for once, but they were on a bit of a Leicester type run. Rodgers also seemed to benefit from what Martinez and Sousa did at Swansea.

For Celtic even Moyes would have been an improvement to Delia.

What i would say is rodgers has a lifespan at clubs.

He improves a club initially but the players seem to burn out or lose interest in his ideas.

Might happen a bit later in scotland but hes got 1 or 2 seasons max left in him.

I also think he will have big offers coming in.

In which case, here's a balanced response to your points ...

What's the sketchy cv you're referring to? How 'sketchy' is it to win the league in Mexico? It's a million miles better than most of the leagues in Europe.

Okay, I'm not being condescending but do you know much about the Mexican domestic league? Caixinha didn't 'win the league' in Mexico as we would understand it. Mexican domestic football is a confusing array of split leagues and convoluted knock-out tournaments. In his first season managing Santos Laguna in Mexico they finished second in the 'first' league of the season. The top 8 sides then qualify for a knock-out tournament to decide the Champions, Santos Laguna lost in the 'semis'. In the 'second' league of season 2013/14 Santos Laguna finished 4th and again qualified for the knock-out part of the league where once again they lost in the 'semis'.

In season 2014/15 Santos Laguna finished 9th in the 'first' league of the season and so didn't qualify for the knock-out tournament. In the 'second' league Santos finished 8th on goal difference (a goal difference of +3 over 17 matches) they qualified for the knock-out tournament which they surprisingly won. That's the 'league' he won. In actual fact they finished in 8th place on aggregate but get to call themselves Champions because they won one of the knockout competitions. He resigned a month into the following season with Santos Laguna bottom of the league. But please be clear Santos Laguna at no time under PC won more games or accumulated more points than the rest of the Mexican club sides.

His time in Portugal is really nothing to boast about and his period in Qatar saw his side finish 9th in a 14 team league and then 5th last season. So I'm sorry but 'sketchy' is a fair word to describe his managerial record to date.

He's given young players a chance, mainly because there's not much you can do to change a player's mental strength. As far as I can see, he's made a few of our younger players better already and that's surely a good thing for the future.

I agree about young players, they'll either sink or swim and will be the better for playing some first team games. I disagree entirely about a manager not being able to change a player's mental strength. For me that's one of the core attributes a manager should have.

We are way behind Celtic and there wasn't much he could achieve in a week. He didn't sit back and go for the draw. He went for the win with a very attacking team. On the day however, Celtic played really well and deserved the victory. It was their best performance of the season. Having said that, if we had a striker who could score, we could have won the cup game.

Again I disagree, a lot can be achieved in a week. Celtic have been better than us in every match this season but in our last visit to Parkhead we at least competed with them and earned a credible draw. The side knew how to play that formation and those tactics already, that was what PC should have spent the week drilling them in. We have the players we have, those are the ones he needs to coach.

My only problem with some of the opinions on here is because they are void of any perspective of where we are as a club. And to give PC this amount of stick after such a short period in charge is just bizarre (and downright embarrassing to me anyway). We are supposed to be backing him, but we are possibly the world's best supporters when it comes to finding the negatives in everything, and abusing our own. The supporters are a big part of our overall problem. We need to change just as much as the playing side does.

See again I don't think PC has actually had that much stick. The team has and certain players have but criticism of PC hasn't been over-the-top. Yes he's not been here long but in that time I've yet to see anything that's made me think he's the man to take us forward. We've won a couple of matches we shouldn't have and were the better side when we beat Aberdeen at Pittodrie, but Aberdeen learned from that match and were far better than us in the return at Ibrox.

Time will tell which of us is correct on this (and I genuinely hope it's you).

fail to see how any of that is "sketchy". Could we beat any of those teams or finish higher in those league? In my opinion we would get absolutely hammered in mexico. I know very little about the standard of the Qatari league but i do know they could easily out spend us and have signed players for £3m plus so it makes me think we could struggle there too.