Bluebear54's GPL 2017/18 Discussion Thread

I'm new around here. I don't get this? Have I missed a useful loophole I can use to improve my score? What did you mean?

You are not allowed(its a gersnet thing)to predict that you think Rangers will lose.

Heres an idea out of left field-----why dont participants start telling the fecking truth.

Limeburner now you are getting out of hand on more than one thread. Time to log off for the night mate.

You are not allowed(its a gersnet thing)to predict that you think Rangers will lose.

Bit harsh? I know some take it a bit serious and won't predict a Bears loss (BH et al) most just can't "bare" (you see what I did there) to predict against us.

Bit harsh? I know some take it a bit serious and won't predict a Bears loss (BH et al) most just can't "bare" (you see what I did there) to predict against us.

I'd never even give a goal to the opposition in my forecasts ..... but that's why I'm bottom of the league. I'm hoping next season will see more clean sheets and goals for us, meaning I actually have a chance.

We are all products of our conditioning. I grew up watching, 'It's a Knockout'. We should all be allowed to play our joker in a nominated game.

Eddie Waring Loyal RSC.

I think this is a great idea. Maybe you need to be of a certain vintage to appreciate.

Heres an idea out of left field-----why dont participants start telling the fecking truth.

I'm new around here. I don't get this? Have I missed a useful loophole I can use to improve my score? What did you mean?

LB has a thing about folk making truthful predictions and for the most part I agree with him.

Earlier in the season my honest forecasts would have been losses at Parkhead and Pittodrie but I forecast a win and a draw IIRC because there is a fair amount of peer pressure (not all of it good natured) here not to forecast against Rangers. Had I made an honest forecast in those games, I might have challenged SBS and Rousseau for 3rd or 2nd.

When Craig and I then forecast Rangers to lose the second game at Parkhead we were rounded on by a minority on here. Of course this was compounded when I forecast a loss or draw at Aberdeen (can't remember exactly) and we came with the late 3-0.

It has been said more than once that I take the league more seriously than some; but I see no point in taking part and then forecasting Rangers to win every game; as only JFK genuinely believes that Rangers will win every time out; I don't see the skill in that. That said, it is extremely difficult to forecast a loss for example, because you are obviously sitting there willing your team on to win.

So my advice to Gaffer is make an honest forecast and be damned as I have been.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

exact reason i stopped participating this season

I understand that very well.

I seriously contemplated taking the same course but felt obligated after finishing second in my first season. However, it is very difficult to make true forecasts when you come under such peer pressure not to forecast against Rangers; and as you say that of itself is difficult when you obviously want Rangers to win, but know that isn't going to happen all the time.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I cant submit an entry predicting anything other than a Rangers win. When I am fairly sure we are not going to win, like at Tynecastle under Warburton, I just try to go for the right number of Rangers goals and the FGS.

From memory that night (might have been another game however!) I would go for a 1-0 Rangers win just to try to get the Rangers goals right and the FGS. I was certain we would concede goals but gave that bit of it up for my own piece of mind that I wouldnt be going for a negative result.

More than one way to take part without being negative and forecasting a bad result.