Club1872 become 2nd biggest shareholder as Mike Ashley leaves the building

The club has 5 million registered fans worldwide making us one of the biggest.

Even if this were true, (it may just be a piece of advertising again playing loose with the definition of "fan", one suspects,) it is not "8 or 9 million", not even "approx" 8 or 9 million.

It's been part of the prospective before and since do you have any proof it's pish? Or are you just deciding that on your own?

It's utter nonsense our overseas support base is practically all ex pats in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa with occasional hot spots where people are working overseas.

More than half of those attending this years NARSA were Brit's on a jolly.

Scotsman article from 2002.

He is adamant that Rangers do not have the customer base to improve their financial standing through merchandising. "Rangers’ so-called global appeal is a myth," he said. "When I was there, we did an exercise which involved asking 50,000 fans on the database to recommend a friend or a relative abroad. "A big response was expected - some were even talking about getting 100,000 names - because everybody in Scotland seems to know somebody abroad. "We got back 2,800 names and three-quarters of them didn’t know they had been nominated. It’s no surprise that Celtic are officially the best-supported football club in North America, with more official clubs than anybody else. The difference is the Irish connection.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/adam-shakes-ibrox-pillars-with-warning-of-bankruptcy-1-595808

It's utter nonsense our overseas support base is practically all ex pats in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa with occasional hot spots where people are working overseas.

More than half of those attending this years NARSA were Brit's on a jolly.

Scotsman article from 2002.

We have 7000 new season tickets holders every year on average replacing those dropped plus increases in membership and youth sign up year on year.

Wouldn't believe a single thing the Scotsman says tbh.

The number will be fudged but these numbers include those who sign up for individual ticket sales plus all Rangers numbers. They also include all official Rangers clubs who supply their membership numbers. The numbers where collated by Rangers staff not Charles green and have been the official number for quite a while.

Every fan who has ever bought online tickets has to have a Rangers number therefore becoming an official fan. No doubt a lot of duplication but it's the best estimate the club can produce and through the same means as all the other clubs.

As said before anyone from the ticket office could probably confirm this is the official number collated by the club. Expats have pretty much zero to do with it . It doesn't mean 5 million fans are walking around there would be no way for any club to calculate that

Obviously these numbers do not account for death.

Edited by trublusince1982

We have 7000 new season tickets holders every year on average replacing those dropped plus increases in membership and youth sign up year on year.

Wouldn't believe a single thing the Scotsman says tbh.

The number will be fudged but these numbers include those who sign up for individual ticket sales plus all Rangers numbers. They also include all official Rangers clubs who supply their membership numbers. The numbers where collated by Rangers staff not Charles green and have been the official number for quite a while.

Every fan who has ever bought online tickets has to have a Rangers number therefore becoming an official fan. No doubt a lot of duplication but it's the best estimate the club can produce and through the same means as all the other clubs.

As said before anyone from the ticket office could probably confirm this is the official number collated by the club. Expats have pretty much zero to do with it . It doesn't mean 5 million fans are walking around there would be no way for any club to calculate that

Obviously these numbers do not account for death.

AFAIK the database is in the hundreds of thousands.

When I requested a copy of the data Rangers held on me under the Data Protection Act it came back with 7 different Rangers numbers for me.

I'm on the Man City database and receive emails from them 2 or 3 times a week simply because I've been to concerts at the Etihad, same with Wembley and the England supporters. I'm on the Nottingham Forest database because I bought a strip online for my mates grandson.

This is from the prospectus for the IPO.

The Rangers brand

The Club has a strong brand, which is sustained through a worldwide network of around

600 supporters clubs stretching from Sydney to Los Angeles, with supporters maintaining a lifetime

passion for the Club regardless of their geographical location. There are 416 registered supporters

clubs worldwide, with over 17,500 members registered to purchase match tickets. There are

46 supporters clubs in North America alone and, with the Club encouraging supporters from an

early age (the Club has over 43,000 registered supporters under the age of 18), the Directors expect

the Rangers brand loyalty to remain strong in the future.

If Green & Co could have included the 8 million fairy tale in there they would have but they couldn't because it's pure and utter fantasy. He may well have got away with it at private meetings on his world tour to flog the shares but he couldn't get away with it in an official offer document.