Club1872 become 2nd biggest shareholder as Mike Ashley leaves the building

I am a paying member and am absolutely delighted that my money has helped to purchase Mike Ashley's shares and push the fan holding to over 10%. It couldn't have gone to a better cause.

I would expect the fans to be consulted in the future but guess the circumstances in this instance did not allow for that.

In light of this most welcome development, are the board likely to call for an EGM to call for a shares issue? I have little clue with this stuff but understand Ashley's block voted against that resolution at the AGM.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4634470/Rangers-boost-Mike-Ashley-obstacle-taken-away.html

King and the Three Bears consortium running the club have been opposed to any move that would allow the Easdales to increase their stake.

Yet Jack Irvine, executive chairman of Media House International Ltd, told Sportsmail last night that his clients had been given first refusal by Ashley.

Irvine said: 'The Easdales were offered the shares by Mike but they felt that they were happy to see the fans getting them and, anyway, they have several much larger deals in the pipeline. Rangers would be a distraction at this time. Sandy and James wish the club well.'

:seal:

The work and money the new board have put in to freeing us from the ****s should see them looked on as legends.

In the same vein as our founders.

The success rate is way beyond the curve.

And the fans have made so much of it possible.

Boycotting greens season books and ashleys merchandise.

So much to be proud of