General feel so far - Genius or monumental disaster?

Would be good to know the feelings of fellow Bears with things as it stands. After a turbulent 5 years we have a lot going our way now - especially in the last week.

I think a round of applause is deserved to the board for what has happened off the park in the last 7 days - I always like it when business is done quietly and then confirmed - its something which IMO our club has always done well in.

So on the park - The new manager has been backed to the hilt with current resources and has brought in no fewer than 7 new faces. Thats a lot to work with a gel in a short time with the Europa qualifiers coming up.

I know a few are still very skeptical of PC. Personally I see it as a similar situation with PLG as we take in the unknown - however the Portuguese man is way mentally stronger and single minded which I like. He got a run of games last season to see what he has and I have to say other than Aberdeen away I didnt see much positives. But readers will know more than me watching Rangers for 90 minutes every game while I rely on overseas TV.

This is a truly make or break season. We will either be great or a disaster. However Im looking forward and leaning towards we will be great campaign. The work ethic is there and so far all I see is positive attitudes from our signings so all they need to do is perform on the pitch. I do worry about the media, they are a poison waiting to happen.

First Game is only 3 days away! Happy days!

Well it feels far better than the last 5 years that's for sure!! Think we are on a good path, maybe not back to where we were but on a road towards it with it insight.

The structure at the club from the director of football to the youth set up and the obvious intention of moving away from Scotish to modern football regimes makes me very happy and gooey inside??

Not so sure about the majority of the signings but that's football and comes and goes. Maybe I am still not ready to settle for our position in world football so the targets feel off for me.

Really don't like the level of transparency and communication with fans. Pretty sick of only knowing once everything is done, that process excludes supporter participation and from a business perspective is poor for the brand and for creating excitement . Obviously the approach of open communication would have downsides but for me far outweighed by the potential positives. With a support the size of ours and the willingness of the support to take part and hand over cash it should be an asset that sets us apart and makes us untouchable especially in our own domain.

All in all a happy bear looking forward to the future

Edited by trublusince1982

Whats striking that I should have added, is our signings arent just coming in on loan or short term deals, its all 2-3 year contracts so there is commitment there.

Edited by Gribz

Would agree with most of the above. Very happy with the board, having sorted out the SD deal etc. As far as PC is concerned he certainly comes across as strong willed and focused. His signings? Well apart from Jack the only other one I had heard of was Alves. Will these other guys be better than Warburtons signings? Only time will tell.

I think most Rangers fans are sceptical about the manager and players, it is only natural, but as whole the club is moving forward and this has got us all excited for the coming season and gives us some optimism.

At this point all we can hope for is the team to hit the ground running and build up a bit of momentum!, can't wait to get to Ibrox on Thursday.

Transparency cannot always be given as some of the behind the scenes work is very delicate. Remember the RST lost McCall(?) when it came out in the open. Would C1872 got Ashely to the table if they were shouting from the rooftops. Sometimes we have to put our trust in these guys after all that is what people voted them in for. It would also be absurd if they have to come running to the supporters for every decision they make. The important thing is that at the end of the year they can account for every decision and where possible periodically keep the fans informed of ongoing business.