General feel so far - Genius or monumental disaster?

Haven't been so enthusiastic and excited for the start of a season since the arrival of Souness.

David Holmes appointed a man who had never played in Scotland, who had never coached and managed at all, and who was running down his career in Italy, to the position of Player/Manager. Something of a risk, but he was backed in the transfer market, and it didn't work out badly, FS, not too badly at all.

Might be difficult to say where the team will stand even after Thursday. The opposition aren't of a high quality and it's the first competitive game for a largely new team. Of course if we gave out an absolute thrashing it can only be a good sign. Been counting the days till Thursday and soon get down to counting the hours.

“Very intense and with a ball” – Rangers training secrets suggest Caixinha has big plans for Ibrox

By Sport Witness Team - 25th June 2017

Few in Scottish football had heard of Pedro Caixinha before the manager was linked with taking over at Rangers, and his Ibrox appointment shows thinking beyond the usual obvious candidates.

Rangers indentified Caixinha and then, as the manager has himself explianed, used former player Pedro Mendes to contact him. Now working as an agent in Portugal, Mendes spoke to Caixinha about Rangers and was able to learn the manager was genuinely interested in taking the position.

With Caixinha now securely in place, and having learned about the club, he’s got this summer to bring his own players in and change the way his team performs. That’s already starting, Rangers have wasted no time before signing*recruits, and one of those, Daniel Candeias, has been speaking to Portuguese newspaper Record.

When asked about Caixinha in training and the style to expect, Candeias made it sound like there’s some good football on the way: “The first training sessions are going well. I was already used to the methods of the manager. These sessions are always very intense and with a ball, which is good.

“I’m happy to go back to work with Caixinha, who I knew quite well at Nacional. It is an honour to meet him again, now in a major European club. Knowing how the coach works and what he wants, makes it easier because I already know what he wants. And he also knows what I can offer the team, which is to give everything on the pitch until the last second, for my teammates but also for him.”

A game more based with the ball and possession, attacking, and giving absolutely everything… Rangers fans will be expectant.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/intense-ball-rangers-training-secrets-suggest-caixinha-big-plans-ibrox/

We kept the ball well with Warburton's team, however it was mostly boring with no end product.

I'm excited about the forwards we have now and believe they won't be as wasteful as our previous guys.

Also that our defence will be much better with Alves in there.

What was our GD last season? Bloody twelve!!! Can see that being quadrupled at least, and that's me being cautious.

We kept the ball well with Warburton's team, however it was mostly boring with no end product.

I'm excited about the forwards we have now and believe they won't be as wasteful as our previous guys.

Also that our defence will be much better with Alves in there.

What was our GD last season? Bloody twelve!!! Can see that being quadrupled at least, and that's me being cautious.

I'm not a betting man but if I were forced to bet on something it would be on the fact that we will concede fewer and score more. That alone will likely translate into more points accumulated.