So Broadfoot and Gow will arrive and Celtic done us another favour by taking McDonald away from us. They did the same with Hartley. I was one who kinda wanted Hartley but he has been poor since going there and its dawned on me he cant cut playing for a bigger team.

Anyway, Kevin Thomson hasnt had a great start, Andy Webster hasnt kicked a ball, Davie Weir has been a good signing as has Ehiogu IMO, despite a bad game.

But id like to see Webster sign up permanently, with Weir and Ehiogu being there for all of next season. With Papac being impressive of late, Broadfoots arrival and IF Webster signs then we can afford to let Svensson go but im equally happy if he sticks around. So all that our defence is pretty much ready next season bar cover for Alan Hutton. Gary Naysmith could also be a potential target and then we could let Ian Murray go.

In between the sticks, we need a big signing or a back up keeper for McGregor - something Walter will need to think about over the near future.

In midfield Sionko, Rae and Buffel will all probably depart but id rather see Buffel stay. Buffel and Sionko have talent which they dont use.

An interesting debate on here the other day saw a few posters thinking it wouldnt be a bad thing if Ferguson moved on. Im one who wouldnt be upset if we cashed in on him. There is a chance he is at the route of some of the problems at the club as he feels immune to critisism or being dropped.

We need a left sided midfielder to replace the inconsistant Charlie Adam with Lee McCulloch or James McFadden being my choices.

Scott Brown will probably join and thats a boost for the right side of midfield.

Upfront we are being linked with Healy, Koevermans and Balaban amoungst a few others. It will all depend if Sebo and Novo join Prso on the way out. Gow can also play upfront.

WEIR AND WEBSTER CAN BE A WOW FOR WALTER

Ex-Ibrox ace Alan backs David and Andy as Gers' perfect pair

By David Mccarthy

ANDY WEBSTER will know today if the pain of a miserable loan period at Ibrox can be transformed into a permanent dream move.

The Scotland defender will have the fee on his acrimonious transfer from Hearts to Wigan decided by a UEFA tribunal in Zurich this afternoon and Rangers are ready to move in if the decision is weighted in the English club's favour.

Hearts are demanding £5million for Webster but Wigan reckon the fee will be set at around a tenth of that figure and if so Rangers will buy the player fromthe Premiership outfit for the £500,000.

I was going to put this in as a new post but thought i'd put it in here

No worries Ian, good timing!!

I think 500,000 would be cheap for him as he is only 24 and a fairly good centre half. Playing along side Weir or Ehiogu will take him on leaps and bounds and set him ready for a long term centre half for us. He isnt in the mould of Gough but could certainly be a leader for us over the next 6 seasons or so.

Can't agree with you on Ugo, i think he's been pretty poor. Bar his goal against Celtic, think he looks sluggish and his distribution is poor. Wouldn't be sad to see him moved on

Dont think he'll be moved on unless someone offers him more money, he's on an 18 month contract.

Can't agree with you on Ugo, i think he's been pretty poor. Bar his goal against Celtic, think he looks sluggish and his distribution is poor. Wouldn't be sad to see him moved on

Ugo was "hide behind the couch there´s a bombscare" material in the 2 european ties against Osasuna.

At Ibrox, he looked like a supporter randomly picked from the enclosure 5 minutes before KO, given a shirt and told "your playing mate" !

A 6 month deal ok but 18 months wasn´t good business.

Sebo can do a job for us next season, you can see that he has eventually settled into life in Scotland and into the Rangers camp, Ally and Walter has already said Sebo is a good striker so he will stay.

Am i the only one who wants to see sebo stay?

There's only so much you can say about a player, he does try very hard and the fans (most of them) love him.

His work rate is top notch, but he's got to start producing the goals, thats what he was bought for.