Jon Dahl Tomasson is looking for a club i believe, i think he could do a good job for us up front together with Koevermans. I don't think it would cost much to get him, though his wages might be a problem.

Gees, what age is he at now, seems to have been around forever. Cracking player though. Or was from what I remember, not heard of him in years though

Well he was born around your time , so yeah he must be old :D

Gees, what age is he at now, seems to have been around forever. Cracking player though. Or was from what I remember, not heard of him in years though

He is only 31 and now with villareal.

He is only 31 and now with villareal.

His age will make Walter sit up and take notice, he likes them in their 30�´s !

I personally like my girls to be in their 30�´s but footballer�´s joining Rangers to be younger.

His age will make Walter sit up and take notice, he likes them in their 30�´s !

I personally like my girls to be in their 30�´s but footballer�´s joining Rangers to be younger.

Personally i don't give a shit what age they are as long as they score or do a job for Rangers. We do not have to offer ten year contracts, we can offer older players shorter contracts. I think if we would have had Tomasson instead of Sebo this year our league position might have been better.

A top player at 31 should still be able to give us 3 years of good football in the SPL.

Our squad is pretty thin though, so as well as needing a couple of very experienced and classy players, there's quite a few more potential starting players required, not to mention some strength in depth needed.

Personally i don't give a shit what age they are as long as they score or do a job for Rangers. We do not have to offer ten year contracts, we can offer older players shorter contracts. I think if we would have had Tomasson instead of Sebo this year our league position might have been better.

IMO it�´s ok and probably wise to have 2 or 3, even 4 experienced players in the team aslong as they�´re fit and mobile and don�´t suffer from re-curring injuries.

However to fill a side or even a particular area of the team with oldies isn�´t a good idea.

Bringing in Weir on a 6 month contract was a shrewd signing, not mobile but experienced and an excellent defender. However to pair him with Ugo made our central defence very imobile and against the likes of Osasuna we had to defend deep because of this, playing Boyd as a lone striker then made the midfield (without a real box to box player) job a thankless task.

TBF Webster might have been playing had he not been injured.

We are very pedestrian as a team and don�´t have the speed of Lovenkrands, in europe against decent teams this makes us easy to defend against (how many goals did Lovenhimself score in CL). Tomasson has been an excellent player but questions must be asked of his attitude if he�´s leaving Villareal after signing for them in January 2007.

Too many times we�´ve taken on "good" players who have been well paid but haven�´t performed well for Rangers.

We will advance as a club on-field when we start to realise the potential of our youngsters and not let their careers drift in the "Scottish way".

Buying the good, ambitious, hungry for success players from England or abroad is now financially beyond us. Operating in the spl ensures this.