Rangers v St Johnstone friendly - 3pm today

If there is anyone within the dressing room causing disruption and undermining the manager then get them to fuck as soon as possible, I don't care who they are, none of them are that good that they would be missed if we got shot of them, particularly if its anyone from the Warburton era.

This is interesting because Id like to see the numbers (who's our new number guru again on here? :D) from the PLG era when it was Ferguson and Boyd causing the split. I was against that at the time but it wasnt so popular to do so IIRC.

Very much different situations though, pretty sure My Baw and Co were against the change of diet and double training sessions whereas this split is down to footballing reasons.

Edited by Gribz

I find it amusing that KM has been "shaking his head" at the performances of others.

While I accept that he has chipped in with a few important goals, ultimately his work rate to "goods produced" rate is terrible.

Miller will run around all game...110% work rate, but we need goals, and on a REGULAR basis. We need strikers who will regularly hit 20 goals per season. I think it's time to drop KM & persist more with Herrera & Morelos.

Agreed Darther, he has been a great servant to the club, but that type of attitude, particularly when guys are trying to find their feet is no use, he needs to channel it and try and give these guys encouragement, not be a negative influence,

I think he deserved a one year extension, though even from the end of last year I said I wouldn't start him this year, he would be a good experienced pro to have around the squad, Morelos and Herrera should be given time to form a partnership.

First and foremost I'm a Rangers supporter and I don't care who manages our club provided its not a Mc Leish or Ferguson or any other types of supposed Rangers men who according to some, 'could do a job for us'. Its nonsense blue tinted specs material. When I hear these names banded around I need a lumb fitted tae the tap eh my heid to let the steam oot. Ferguson was a football player thats for sure but he has done virtually nothing in the game since he left us.

Now he's in management he's done even less but he's got a foghorn in the mheeja who is using him to take pot shots at MY CLUB, ( a wee nod tae Union there ;)) via the proxy of yet another Rangers manager... You're not that important so shut the fuck up Barry son!. Mc Leish might be able to grind out a few results but after his first season in charge it would be the same old dross that we've seen from him before. Stuart McColl might have been able to do something if we had retained him and gave him a budget but that is a big 'IF' IMO. Remember we still lost 6-1 to Motherwell over two legs in the play off albeit with him using McCoists team, not a respectable battening down the hatches type of result, in fact not good enough at all! Mc Kiness is a good lad I like Derek but his team play is stalwart, turgid, stodgy with little to no flair, it does reflect our captain, flair bit aside, at the time he (Derek) was watching us play in the mid 70's but thats not really a Rangers style it was a make shift team cobbled together from old players and budget buys as we rebuilt the stadium with crowds of 6k.

That captain was John Greig a man whom most bears voted the greatest ever Ranger, a great player who scored one of the best 40 yard worldies I've ever seen against Motherwell at Ibrox in 75-76', couldn't win a league title in his 5 years of management. The highest he ever finished in the league was second in 78-79' season and that was with Jock Wallace's treble winning team who beat Juventus, who apart from Munich, are one of the best teams I've ever seen with something like 9 of the Italian 78' World Cup team playing, eventually we lost to Cologne in the quarter-finals, what a trip that was in Koln ;). Just so as its clear that was Jock Wallace team not Griegs although he did sign Mc Coist that was about it from John. So even with these Rangers men the results and styles are very varied and none of them are or were stick on certs for league titles. The point I'm making here is that anyone is capable of not winning the league for us. What makes us so certain that these names could do it? I don't share that optimism and instead I look more to the current, left over, players who almost made a right pigs ear out of the Championship that last season.

Waghorn... he's too busy lifting fridges for a living. His mobility is almost null and void granted he'll run all day but so will a tractor if you put enough diesel in it! Miller? Slept with a player more like it, he's nae football player thats for damn sure but he is a goal scorer and one of the few to have scored 5 goals in one game and done it in a blue gersy at Ibrox too. Aye big man but he was 19-20 years old then no noo. If he's shaking his head its probably so he can hear himself think. He's another one who should cut the cackle and get on with leading the line and scoring goals but then he canny really cause his shunts are done at his age so he strolls around the park looking busy doing hee haw. Lee Wallace apparently not amused either well Lee I've got news for you mate I'm not amused with you either... what is this Lee a Sunday afternoon kick about in the park, just out for a wee stroll, a wee mosey aboot is it? Cut out the ambling up and down the left wing put yer pettit lip away cause yer wee pals at Nottingham and get the finger out!

Its a good job these cotton wool wrapped glass men aren't shovelling shite all day like most of the bears in the stands cause if they were then they'd really know all about it. Shut yer gubs and do your job like the gaffers asked you to. Otherwise he should drop you from the team and get someone who will do what is asked.

As far as we're concerned we should allow the manager the first quarter if what he shows us is an improvement on last year then he gets a bit longer if not then we have no choice but to wish him well.

/end rant

Edited by Big Jaws

I can't get my head round this mentality that somehow ex-Rangers men like McInnes, McLeish & Walter Smith somehow aren't as good as a coach nobody has ever heard of. Remember when Smith took over from Le Guen? In his first game back we beat Dundee Utd 5-0. He turned us around in one game. That is what good managers do!

I can only think it is some kind of snobbery that is preventing us going for Derek McInnes or Tommy Wright. These guys would understand that Rangers need to win every game - not use huge games (Celtic & Progres) as training exercises. It's not acceptable.

Fair enough if we could attract top players like Advocaat did but those days are gone. We need a boss who knows the Scottish league, because that is what we're trying to win. McInnes has his Aberdeen team outperforming us at home and in Europe on maybe a quarter of the budget? If his team continue to outperform us this season, then he has more than proved he'd do a better job than the Portuguese fraud!!

First and foremost I'm a Rangers supporter and I don't care who manages our club provided its not a Mc Leish or Ferguson or any other types of supposed Rangers men who according to some, 'could do a job for us'. Its nonsense blue tinted specs material. When I hear these names banded around I need a lumb fitted tae the tap eh my heid to let the steam oot. Ferguson was a football player thats for sure but he has done virtually nothing in the game since he left us.

Now he's in management he's done even less but he's got a foghorn in the mheeja who is using him to take pot shots at MY CLUB, ( a wee nod tae Union there ;)) via the proxy of yet another Rangers manager... You're not that important so shut the fuck up Barry son!. Mc Leish might be able to grind out a few results but after his first season in charge it would be the same old dross that we've seen from him before. Stuart McColl might have been able to do something if we had retained him and gave him a budget but that is a big 'IF' IMO. Remember we still lost 6-1 to Motherwell over two legs in the play off albeit with him using McCoists team, not a respectable battening down the hatches type of result, in fact not good enough at all! Mc Kiness is a good lad I like Derek but his team play is stalwart, turgid, stodgy with little to no flair, it does reflect our captain, flair bit aside, at the time he (Derek) was watching us play in the mid 70's but thats not really a Rangers style it was a make shift team cobbled together from old players and budget buys as we rebuilt the stadium with crowds of 6k.

That captain was John Greig a man whom most bears voted the greatest ever Ranger, a great player who scored one of the best 40 yard worldies I've ever seen against Motherwell at Ibrox in 75-76', couldn't win a league title in his 5 years of management. The highest he ever finished in the league was second in 78-79' season and that was with Jock Wallace's treble winning team who beat Juventus, who apart from Munich, are one of the best teams I've ever seen with something like 9 of the Italian 78' World Cup team playing, eventually we lost to Cologne in the quarter-finals, what a trip that was in Koln ;). Just so as its clear that was Jock Wallace team not Griegs although he did sign Mc Coist that was about it from John. So even with these Rangers men the results and styles are very varied and none of them are or were stick on certs for league titles. The point I'm making here is that anyone is capable of not winning the league for us. What makes us so certain that these names could do it? I don't share that optimism and instead I look more to the current, left over, players who almost made a right pigs ear out of the Championship that last season.

Waghorn... he's too busy lifting fridges for a living. His mobility is almost null and void granted he'll run all day but so will a tractor if you put enough diesel in it! Miller? Slept with a player more like it, he's nae football player thats for damn sure but he is a goal scorer and one of the few to have scored 5 goals in one game and done it in a blue gersy at Ibrox too. Aye big man but he was 19-20 years old then no noo. If he's shaking his head its probably so he can hear himself think. He's another one who should cut the cackle and get on with leading the line and scoring goals but then he canny really cause his shunts are done at his age so he strolls around the park looking busy doing hee haw. Lee Wallace apparently not amused either well Lee I've got news for you mate I'm not amused with you either... what is this Lee a Sunday afternoon kick about in the park, just out for a wee stroll, a wee mosey aboot is it? Cut out the ambling up and down the left wing put yer pettit lip away cause yer wee pals at Nottingham and get the finger out!

Its a good job these cotton wool wrapped glass men aren't shovelling shite all day like most of the bears in the stands cause if they were then they'd really know all about it. Shut yer gubs and do your job like the gaffers asked you to. Otherwise he should drop you from the team and get someone who will do what is asked.

As far as we're concerned we should allow the manager the first quarter if what he shows us is an improvement on last year then he gets a bit longer if not then we have no choice but to wish him well.

/end rant

So the favoured option is wait until it is to late to save the season,another possible wasted year with no progress only stagnation,too big a gamble for me in our weakened state.

How big a gamble would it be to dismiss the coaches now, and bring in new staff (who, as a matter of interest, and how much would it cost?) to coach an almost completely new playing group, assembled quickly, specifically to fit the 'philosophy', for want of a better word, training methods, tactics, and formations of the original coaching group?

I think that you underestimate the extent of change that the Club is undergoing: a completely new coaching/management structure, and a large turnover of players.

It does seem clear to me that the Club has to pass through this reformation, before judicious changes may be made.

How big a gamble would it be to dismiss the coaches now, and bring in new staff (who, as a matter of interest, and how much would it cost?) to coach an almost completely new playing group, assembled quickly, specifically to fit the 'philosophy', for want of a better word, training methods, tactics, and formations of the original coaching group?

I think that you underestimate the extent of change that the Club is undergoing: a completely new coaching/management structure, and a large turnover of players.

It does seem clear to me that the Club has to pass through this reformation, before judicious changes may be made.

We are stuck with Pedro for the short term at least. Hopefully he does turn out to be a fine manager. It's not too difficult to succeed in Scotland.

So the favoured option is wait until it is to late to save the season,another possible wasted year with no progress only stagnation,too big a gamble for me in our weakened state.

The favoured option is to allow the man the first quarter. It wont be stagnation or wasted years because he's already built a far stronger squad than what we had last year. Since you dropped the late Bill Struths name in our last discussion perhaps its time you heed the, 'tolerance and sanity' parts of his words?

Oh and coincidentally and, in the nick of time, the Rangers report compiled a dossier of The Best Managers In Scottish Football Since 2011-2012. It makes for some interesting reading. https://therangersreport.com/2017/07/20/the-best-managers-in-scottish-football-since-2011-12/

The favoured option is to allow the man the first quarter. It wont be stagnation or wasted years because he's already built a far stronger squad than what we had last year. Since you dropped the late Bill Struths name in our last discussion perhaps its time you heed the, 'tolerance and sanity' parts of his words?

Oh and coincidentally and, in the nick of time, the Rangers report compiled a dossier of The Best Managers In Scottish Football Since 2011-2012. It makes for some interesting reading. https://therangersreport.com/2017/07/20/the-best-managers-in-scottish-football-since-2011-12/

That Rangers Report thing is great fun but if anything proves the term lies, damned lies and statistics it's that. I look forward to the campaign to install Lennon as our next manager.