Roughanded Police At Roma Game

I thought all three parties were at fault. The Roma fans for antagonising the Man Utd fans at the first goal. The Idiots that reacted to it. And thirdly the police did not need to use such heavy-handed tactics to deal with the situation.

It amazes me how much stick we get for our behaviour as this happens at almost every European game played in Spain and Italy. Compare it to when teams come to Ibrox and there is almost zero violence on this scale. Cant understand why Uefa comes down on us for sectarianism when the more serious problems are clearly the safety of supporters in Italy and Spain. Is it because they are in the big three nations and uefa are scared to act on them as if they ban italian and spanish teams the competition suffers, whereas bans on Rangers wont really affect the selling point of the Champions League.

No doubt someone will get fined £50,000 or something and we can forget this violence ever happened

I thought all three parties were at fault. The Roma fans for antagonising the Man Utd fans at the first goal. The Idiots that reacted to it. And thirdly the police did not need to use such heavy-handed tactics to deal with the situation.

Agreed. Im actually surprised that they reacted to the Roma fans so strongly. Dont they know the Italian fans are insane? lol

Watched a repeat of "Your on Sky Sports" this morning and the reaction from everyone is unreal, the total opposite to what happened with us, even celtic fans coming on going on about their treatment at the san siro.

Yet not one mention of the treatment we received !!

I seem to remember somebody on here saying the RST should try and get in touch with the Man ure supporters club and maybe back each other up on this issue, not a bad idea and would maybe help our cause a wee bit