Greatest supporters in the world? My Arse! The scum of the Earth!

SICK YOBS Lee Rigby’s disgusted mum brands Celtic fans who sang about murdered Army son “scum” and demands apology from club bosses over vile chants

Tragic Lee, 25, was attacked with knives and a machete by fanatics Michael Adebolajo, 28, and Michael Adebowale, 22, in London in 2013

Exclusive

By Thomas Brown

1st August 2017, 10:24 pm

Updated: 1st August 2017, 11:04 pm

LEE Rigby’s mum wept after seeing a video of sick Celtic yobs singing about his murder before branding them “scum”.

Disgusted Lyn, 50, demanded an apology from club bosses after bursting into tears at footage of Hoops louts chanting about the slain Army fusilier.

The vile group were filmed belting out “F*** Lee Rigby” and “You won’t be f*****g drumming anymore” on the streets of Sunderland ahead of their match last Saturday.

Lyn, whose son Lee was slain in a terror attack four years ago, told The Scottish Sun: “I haven’t stopped crying since I saw that video.”

She said: “Celtic need to denounce these scum wearing their team’s shirt and apologise for what they have done.

Video emerges of Celtic fans chanting vile 'f*** Lee Rigby' chant in Sunderland

“I don’t understand how people can be so vicious about something so tragic.

“I hope the hooligans in this video search their souls and conscience and realise it’s real people they are harming.

“I doubt they have had a son or loved one hacked to death in the street. They would not be sneering and mocking.”

Tragic Lee, 25, was attacked with knives and a machete by fanatics Michael Adebolajo, 28, and Michael Adebowale, 22, in London in 2013.

His mum said footage of the yob fans had broken her heart “all over again”.

She added: “I’m exhausted by constant grief and pain and Lee doesn’t deserve to have his memory dragged through the mud.

“It’s nasty and cuts me down every time I try to move on and do good in Lee’s memory.

“Lee never did anything to hurt them but they forget he was flesh and blood, my only son. He’s not just a news story or a name to be bandied about in spite.”

Around a dozen supporters are seen chanting before the Hoops’ friendly on Saturday.

The video begins with the yobs marching along the street and singing loudly.

They meet another group who appear to join in and the chant gets louder.

The person filming turns the camera towards himself giving a clear view of his face.

The game — which Celtic won 5-0 — was marred by violence and ugly scenes.

Cops nicked 21 for disorder, breach of the peace and firework offences.

Trouble erupted at a shop as far-right fanatic Tommy Robinson, 34, held a book-signing.

Kasey MacKinnon, 18, of Govan, Glasgow, will return to court to face public order and criminal damage offences.

Neither Northumbria Police or Celtic returned calls to comment on the chants.

COPS have arrested 12 Celtic fans over alleged pro-IRA banners at a Champions League game.

The men, aged between 18 and 49, were held after a probe into fan behaviour during the high profile clash with Linfield at Parkhead last month.

They are expected to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court on August 24 and September 1.

UEFA fined the Hoops £20,500 after flags were displayed and a stairway blocked at the July 19 tie.

One flag seemed to show an IRA terrorist and a second banner appeared to mimic the paramilitaries’ “Sniper at Work” warning.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1362737/lee-rigby-mum-celtic-army-scum-sunderland/

I am not going to Brandish all Celtic supporters with the same brush but these people who idolise terrorism and take pleasure in singing about lee and also the 66 who died at Ibrox are really the scum of the earth.

Edited by pete

From the English Sun.

Allan McInnes

16 hours ago

There's NO way these are Celtic supporters. They are the best fans in the world, bar none. I say that as a neutral with huge admiration for these fans. I am willing to bet there's something really dodgy about these " fans " behaving like that. It has been known remember, where trouble makers wear the shirts of certain clubs to demonise them, and I strongly suspect that is what is happening here.

Neutral my arse.

Neutral my arse.

So presumably there was also something "really dodgy" about this too?

article_update_img.jpg

And this?

Celtic-Football-Match-v-Beersheva-AntiIsrael-protest-1-e1471536123823.png

Must be dodgy because that can't be "the best fans in the world" glorifying terrorist murderers. Can it?

He will be a poster on behalf of Celtic's "clean image sweep and deny" campaign then.

I have not clicked the Record for weeks but I did it by mistake yesterday when I meant to click onto the sun. The Record have the guy's singing it as the victims. I couldn't believe what I saw. A story totally turned round to see them in a positive light.

I have now cleared the Record from my favourites so it can't happen again.

They did similar stuff (re Rigby) a few years back and not much came of it. I would assume this was the proverbial "step too far". Let the English media take it up and have a go, so the Scum and / or the Scottish authorities will have to act or it gets even more out of hand.

Very much to be expected though ... they got literally away with murder time and again, which breeds that feeling of being untouchable. In essence you wondered whether blood must be spilled before people started to act.

Edited by der Berliner