[FT] Motherwell 1 - 2 Rangers (Dorrans 4, 59pen)

I hear that Madden is claiming Well were cheated out of a win by the ref giving us a penalty that wasn't and denying them one that was. As ever there is a fake equivalence drawn between an ungiven penalty and a goal.

That's over and above the nonsense about ou penalty not being one. It was described as "controversial" in the same article, apparently. Then again do Rangers ever get a penalty that is not so described?

I have not seen their penalty claim.

Edited by SteveC

If you click on one tweet this year, make it this one.

The Mexican Tom Miller:

[tweet]894671915490697217[/tweet]

We need that commentator at Ibrox. I love the way they celebrate and announce the goooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaals.

BOBBY BLUNDER Motherwell captain Carl McHugh says referee Bobby Madden cost his side three points against Rangers

The Well skipper claims Madden got two penalty decisions wrong — awarding Gers a controversial spot-kick and denying Well one for Lee Hodson’s handball

MOTHERWELL skipper Carl McHugh insists ref Bobby Madden’s blunders robbed his side of a win over Rangers.

McHugh claims Madden got two penalty decisions wrong — awarding Gers a controversial spot-kick and denying Well one for Lee Hodson’s handball.

But Irishman McHugh said his side’s battling display puts them in good shape for the season to come.

McHugh said: “We definitely feel as though we deserved something from the game. We missed a lot of chances we should have taken.

“I didn’t think the penalty against us was a penalty in a million years.

“If that’s a penalty you are going to get five or six of them in every game. But the ref gave it.

“I thought the claim we had when Elliot Frear’s cross hit Lee Hodson’s arm was a penalty.

“That could have been given so it was very hard for us to take as well.

“We had chances to get back into the game, and that’s the positives to be taken from the performance. We expected that performance of ourselves, and we were disappointed we didn’t win the game.

“But we don’t want to be saying: ‘We’ve played alright’, when we’ve ended up losing.

“My feeling is we should have taken three points out of that game, let alone one. That’s the frustration for us.”

McHugh, 24, thought he had set up a last-gasp Well leveller when his tackle on the edge of the Gers box fell for Alex Fisher.

But Fisher’s shut spun off Wes Foderingham and slipped wide of the post.

McHugh added: “I don’t know how Alex’s shot hasn’t gone in. It was an unbelievable save from their keeper, I’m not sure how he kept it out.

“The ball seemed like it was in the air for an age after Alex’s shot hit him, but it just went past. We didn’t get the bounce of the ball on Sunday with those sorts of chances.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1389653/motherwell-captain-carl-mchugh-says-referee-bobby-madden-cost-his-side-three-points-against-rangers/

Alternative realities at work, and IMHO solely aimed to put pressure unto the referees. There is no denying that they had a few chances, but in saying that, he must be blocking out the host we missed, including the two that hit their post and bar. Moult should have been off with three elbows and a lunge at Herrera ... and was quickly subbed by their gaffer (who saw the game from an alternative angle as well). One might also point out that during their goal, Cardoso was pushed out of the way by the big black chap with the blond hair (and claimed that too), while there was a neat stramash in their box when their player on the ground also handled the ball. Never happened, apparently ...

You can always expect that opponents see games differently, but that does not need to amount to talking bollocks. It will obviously keep the "always cheated" band happy and cement the view that we have the refs on our side, since we are the establishment club! Will you stop that laughing there at the back!?!