[FT] Motherwell 1 - 2 Rangers (Dorrans 4, 59pen)

Sorry Craig that is nonsense. They were crossing the ball in from our 30 yard area because we had nearly all our players in the last third. You might not call that domination but I do. They were denied 1 certain penalty and another one which could have been called as well. Yes we should have been well clear by half-time but we weren't and only that save from Fod at the end saved us 2 points.It is what it is and we got 3 points but our play is far from good over 90 minutes.

Aye ok pete. So Herrera didn't skim the post in the 2nd half with a header, Tavernier didn't put over the bar when in a good position, Windass didn't get at the full back, winning a free kick when a slide pass in behind would have put Wallace in behind and in good position.

You can choose to watch just the one team if you like, but I will at least try to be balanced.

There was the Fod save but other than that in the last half hour they had one chance I can recall, which was the striker sliding the ball past the post from a cross.

They may have had the territory but in the last half hour we had almost as many chances as they did. And if we should have been up 4 or 5-2 at half time - even by your own admission - then I'm not sure that it can be considered being dominated.

Either way we will agree to disagree. It is your prerogative to think I'm talking nonsense - but at this stage I will remain a Cup half full person.

3 points on the board which is the desired outcome.

We were lucky with the Hodson handball, it was a penalty in my eyes.

I didn't think that it was a penalty.

I wouldn't have been surprised to see it given though.

I was surprised to hear the commentator, Andy Walker I think(?), say that it was not a penalty.

Weaknesses were shown but I expect them to be rectified in cup game and definitely before Hibz game.All in all a good result missing a possible banana skin.

My cup is now more than half full so keep it going:rfc:

Hodson incident was never ever a penalty , we should have been 4 up in 20 mins and they should have had 1 possibly 2 sent off , the team imho played well and bodes better for the season once the players get used to the system .

Aye ok pete. So Herrera didn't skim the post in the 2nd half with a header, Tavernier didn't put over the bar when in a good position, Windass didn't get at the full back, winning a free kick when a slide pass in behind would have put Wallace in behind and in good position.

You can choose to watch just the one team if you like, but I will at least try to be balanced.

There was the Fod save but other than that in the last half hour they had one chance I can recall, which was the striker sliding the ball past the post from a cross.

They may have had the territory but in the last half hour we had almost as many chances as they did. And if we should have been up 4 or 5-2 at half time - even by your own admission - then I'm not sure that it can be considered being dominated.

Either way we will agree to disagree. It is your prerogative to think I'm talking nonsense - but at this stage I will remain a Cup half full person.

3 points on the board which is the desired outcome.

I never said we never had the ball. I said they dominated the play.

I can't believe we won the game when reading all the negative comments on here.

IMHO we were by far the better team although there were a couple of lapses and expect we can only get better from here onward.

A game lasts for 90 minutes and no matter the team playing be it world champions/European champions or whatever it is impossible to dominate.

This banana skin is past so let's look forward.

I never said we never had the ball. I said they dominated the play.

They did Pete in the last 15 to 20 minutes, i think we tightened up at the back and midfield and tried to catch them on the break. We nearly caught them once or twice, but giving them so much of the ball nearly backfired on us. I never liked that approach as we have the footballers to take the game to them for most of the game.

The possession was 54% Rangers 46% Motherwell. Given that Rangers dominated the first 30 minutes to a large degree I think we can safely say that Motherwell dominated most of the second-half.