[FT] Motherwell 1 - 2 Rangers (Dorrans 4, 59pen)

I thought we defended OK. We were left exposed early on (Moult's chance) when Wallace went for a wonder; but he tightened up and I don't recall him being caught out to such an extent after that.

It was the other side, through Hodson, where we struggled; they clearly targeted that area, outnumbering Hodson and Candeias. For me, Hodson just doesn't have the physique to cope with the physicality of this league.

In the middle we did better, albeit a little indecisive at times. I think I recall Jack and Cardoso getting in each others' way which led to a sitter from the 'Well sub. Bringing on Wilson helped, but I'm not sure I like seeing out a game for 15 minutes -- especially if it leads to the onslaught of crosses, which seemed like the only think 'Well could do! After the spell of indecision I felt Alves took charge, banging a few header downfield.

Edited by Rousseau

Jack was very poor today which was surprising as he has been our best player in the last few games. Windass was player of the match in the first half with Dorrans taking it for his overall performance. Hodson is not up to this class and I have to think we must have better sitting in the academy. Even although Moult lost the plot a bit I think he would score for fun for us and would prefer him to both Herrera and Miller. We were lucky with the Hodson handball, it was a penalty in my eyes. Now the new players know what the cold steel of Scottish football is about I hope they can grow, but with this performance we will not be near Celtic.

Never seen the game but just watched the highlights, the score line flattered Motherwell, same problems as last season in not taking our scoring chances

The scoreline flattered Rangers. Motherwell had as many chances as we did and dominated from 30 minutes.

The scoreline flattered Rangers. Motherwell had as many chances as we did and dominated from 30 minutes.

We hit the woodwork a few times, I never seen them hit the woodwork!, based on the highlights I would say we deserved to win

I only saw the last half hour as the wee man had a training session with Kevin Thomson (excellent coach who we could be doing with at the Academy).

Motherwell never dominated the last 30 minutes that I watched. Sure, they had chances but it wasn't through domination, it was through lumping the ball back to front. We had a fair bit of possession in that last 30 and created some chances of our own.

We hit the woodwork a few times, I never seen them hit the woodwork!, based on the highlights I would say we deserved to win

Highlights aren't always indicative though Ian.

That said, I was reading on here when the wee fella was training - and some said we could/should have been up 4 or 5-2 at half time. That isn't the sign of a team being dominated.

Kenny Miller had a stinker overall today. His passing was woeful and he missed a sitter. Maybe Morelos should get a starting spot with Miller thrown in later in matches when he is fresh and opposition legs tiring.