[FT] Motherwell 1 - 2 Rangers (Dorrans 4, 59pen)

Fod: Bruno Alves has made a huge impact here already

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/837457/Rangers-Wes-Foderingham-Bruno-Alves-Pedro-Caixinha-Scottish-Premier-League

WES FODERINGHAM claims Bruno Alves has transformed Rangers from a soft touch to a well-oiled defensive unit as they go under the spotlight at Fir Park today.

The Light Blues only managed to keep clean sheets in 11 of their 38 league games last season and conceded 44 goals in the other 27 matches.

However, the presence of Euro 2016 winner Alves, coupled with a new 4-4-2 system, has had a major effect on the defence in particular and the team as a whole.

Foderingham says the Portuguese defender calms everyone around him as he leads by example.

The Ibrox keeper said: “Bruno’s a fantastic player and as a whole defensive unit we’ve come on stronger this year. Hopefully we can take that into the league campaign.

“He’s got an enviable career. He’s done it all, and he’s off the back of winning the Euros. There’s no doubt he’s a fantastic player.

“He’s a lot more cool and calm than I thought he’d be, you can see that from his performances. The boys pick up and feed off that.

“Fabio Cardoso is obviously younger and he’ll learn a lot from Bruno. I’m sure he’s thrilled to be playing alongside him.

“He’s a dominant force in the air and on the deck he’s really good as well. He can see a pass and he’s a calm presence on the ball.

“I’m sure he can handle himself and pick his moments.” :D

Edited by Bearman

It just occurred to me that last season I would have been concerned that we are missing two key players in Tavernier and Kranjcar. This time round I'm not so concerned and feel we have sufficient cover to operate more or less as normal.

Wouldn't feel like that if it were Alves out.

It just occurred to me that last season I would have been concerned that we are missing two key players in Tavernier and Kranjcar. This time round I'm not so concerned and feel we have sufficient cover to operate more or less as normal.

Wouldn't feel like that if it were Alves out.

Still think we could be done with Kranjcars class and playmaking.

IMHO, DOrrans and Jack will see us in good stead for teams like Motherwell. I do wonder who will occupy the left flank, Windass seems the obvious choice right now ... and looks to have more physique than Dalcio ... at least for the oppening 30 min "bout".

FWIW, I've added the following probable team to it.

Barring any further injuries (looks like both Tav and Niko will miss the next game or two), I can't see anything other than the following XI unless the manager has a big surprise under his sleeve.

rfc_motherwell.jpg

Well done Frankie, three days out and successfully names this afternoon's team.