Dunfermline Chairman statement.

Am I understanding this correctly ?

A yahoo( presumably) sent an email to Dunfermline about the BTC, wasn't satisfied with the reply and duly went to the SFA who then contacted Dunfermline on the yahoo's behalf to presumably ask the same question again with, no doubt, lots of add-ons from the original question (because that's the way yahoos work)

Should we be asking what it was the SFA askedDunfermline ?

And on whose behalf ?

If allegations are being made should the SFA not bring them out into the open ?

I genuinely wonder about the conduct of the SFA in all of this.

" Dunfermline chairman Ross McArthur lashed out tonight after being caught up in the Rangers title-stripping debate ahead of his club’s Betfred Cup clash at Ibrox.

McArthur spoke to Record Sport after it was claimed online that potentially explosive information had been leaked to a Celtic fans’ website which has been championing calls for a judicial review into the use of EBTs at Ibrox.

The claims led to allegations of historic match fixing centering on the final day of the season in 2003 when Rangers beat Dunfermline 6-1 to win the Scottish title.

The SFA’s compliance officer Tony McGlennan is investigating the matter after being contacted by Dunfermline.

But McArthur is adamant the probe relates only to events inside East End Park which led to Dunfermline being placed in administration in 2013. He maintains it has nothing to with Rangers.

And he’s now preparing to explain the situation when he walks into the Ibrox boardroom ahead of tomorrow night’s second round tie.

He said: “People have been telling me about the type of nonsense that’s been put out online today and it’s absolutely unbelievable.

“It’s difficult for us because we should be focusing on the game at Ibrox. Instead of that I’m having to issue official club statements.

“I understand how these things work in the west of Scotland. It’s all about point scoring and we could do fine without it.

“But there is absolutely no foundation to any of the spurious rumours that are circulating.

“I’ve not spoken to anyone at Rangers about it. I’ll speak to them when I get there.

“But obviously I’ve had a discussion with the SFA about it and as far as I’m concerned the SFA are content with what I’ve told them.

“I am quite happy to say that the SFA have been in touch and I have explained to them that, if we’re talking about bringing Scottish football into disrepute, then it was the fact our own football club went into administration.

"Because of that we couldn’t pay local suppliers, staff, other football clubs and HMRC. With that in mind, how could we possibly pass comment on other clubs?

“The matters we have raised relate to the way this club was previously run. There is no reference to any other football club at all.

“We’ve been trying to rebuild our club and it’s not been easy. We now have a wee bonus of going to Ibrox and we want to try to enjoy it.

“So I find it strange that something like this should come out the day before we are due to play Rangers.

“I think that’s part of the reason why it’s been brought up at this time. There is no doubt about it.

“I’m now being told there were copious amounts of information which has been passed over to the SFA. Honestly? It’s ridiculous that we’re even having to have this conversation. But that is the way of Scottish football unfortunately.

“It’s completely ludicrous. If there was anything underhand going on then I certainly don’t know about it. It’s got nothing to do with that - it’s just mischief making.”

Last night an SFA spokesperson confirmed: “We have followed up on a referral made to the Scottish FA via our disciplinary department as a matter of course.”

Am I understanding this correctly ?

A yahoo( presumably) sent an email to Dunfermline about the BTC, wasn't satisfied with the reply and duly went to the SFA who then contacted Dunfermline on the yahoo's behalf to presumably ask the same question again with, no doubt, lots of add-ons from the original question (because that's the way yahoos work)

Should we be asking what it was the SFA askedDunfermline ?

And on whose behalf ?

If allegations are being made should the SFA not bring them out into the open ?

I genuinely wonder about the conduct of the SFA in all of this.

I wouldn't trust a single thing the SFA says or does. That organisation is a shambles from top to bottom and has de facto placed control of the game in Scotland into the orbit of Celtic FC.

You know, I suspect the Pars Chairman, Ross McArthur might be about to put CQN's Paul Brennan center stage in his own penned narrative?

Now Paul, what evidence do you have that Jimmy Calderwood was a recipient of an EBT issued by Rangers?

Peter will dictate the next chapter to Paul tomorrow.

That aside, people have watched the 6-1 game a thousand times by now and they sure did not lay down and gave it their all. At Ibrox, on such a day and against the lads we had out there it wasn't enough.

I do remember that Sutton, amongst others, accused his former colleague in the Killie goal (was it Marshall?) to going out of his skin to keep the score down and did not let them score more.

You simply don't know what to say of that behaviour then and now. They brought it to a new dimension indeed.

It's a fair statement from Dunfermline.

Is it not the case that Dunfermline themselves contacted the SFA to report issues with the running of Dunfermline prior to the current owners taking over, is that not the complaint that's being investigated? Then some Celtic fan has got wind of it and put 2 and 2 together got giraffe. You get the feeling that the rest of Scottish football is starting to weary of them.