Pedro: Carlos Is Working Hard

But playing him against Hearts was not an ideal situation. You tried to compare the game against Hibs to the one against Hearts - if comparing then you have to compare the circumstances. We were 3-1 down against Hibs and in a stadium of 50,000 I doubt even 1 of them would have favored us to get a result. Ergo, easo to bring him on.

Against Hearts there was, even prior to the game, an air of "We are going to do them today", in part because of the Hibs game the week earlier. That it never happened suggests that bringing him on wasn't the best of ideas. Sure, he could have won us the game. But equally so, he could have lost us the game. Even if he did neither, the likelihood is that the fans would have been on his back had he not made a positive influence. Is this seriously what you wish upon someone who is rumoured to be struggling to come to terms with Glasgow ? On the flip side.... if we wait till we are in a 3-0 game or even a 0-3 game to bring him on then he likely wont start this season (Celtic aside), So, at some point, we need to let a grown man, getting paid lots of money, prove or disprove their worth.

Kranjcar was a sub at the weekend was he not ? So the "obvious" didn't happen till late in the game with him, and even then he had only fairly recently entered the pitch.

Investment realized after 8 weeks ? I want some of your investment suggestions.

I'm not saying the investment should be paid back in full after 8 weeks - just that it should be starting to show signs of doing so. That it is not so far is a concern to me (not a great one but I can understand why some fans are puzzled and the manager's comments don't help).

I think Kranjcar came on after 53mins on Saturday which was fine in terms of timing. However, in the intervening 20 minutes between his introduction and our second sub (Hardie for Dorrans) it was clear Niko was having a 'mare. Not only that Miller had been pushed to the left and was also not playing well. Our creativity was poor, the team lacked balance and we had a surplus of defenders on the pitch given our complete dominance.

As such, it was the ideal opportunity to bring on Pena to try and help find a goal. To not do so and then to try and rationalise this decision by saying, oh what happens if he gives the ball away or plays badly, is bizarre. Should we never play him in case he costs us a goal? No, he's an attacking midfielder so we play him to create and score goals. Let the defenders and the deeper midfielders Jack and Rossiter worry about stopping chances. Even so, in a tight 0-0 at Ibrox in which we're dominating, I'm more worried about not scoring a winner than conceding.

Overall, I think the argument is fairly moot as I'm confident Pena will feature this weekend - possibly not from the start but definitely from the bench. Hopefully he starts to realise the money we paid in him - even if he'll need our patience in terms of a consistent contribution.

Why would I admit it never happened,I do know that the Corinthian was a focal point of matters,do you wonder why he is so unfit and overweight, rocket science it isn’t.

Haha - you've been reading too much RM.

I wish I was as overweight as Pena. Any look at his image profile on Google shows a powerful, well-built player. That doesn't meant unfit or overweight.

13724753.jpg-e1502269156253-900x540.jpg

Clearly photoshopped; whether by Frankie, or Pedro, remains to be seen.

I have it on the very best, unimpeachable, authority that in the flesh he could pass for a young Orson Welles.

He didn't end well :D

Think people need to accept it can take a while for a player to settle, sure it is not ideal but it does happen. I mean look at Mourinho last season, he took him time bedding in Mkhitaryan to the point people thought he was a waste of money at one point. The same can be said of Lindelof this season.