Pedro Caixinha on why Michael O’Halloran WON’T be back at Ibrox

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha on why Michael O’Halloran WON’T be back at Ibrox and the red-hot scoring form of all the players he shipped out.

The Gers gaffer says Michael O'Halloran has no future at Ibrox despite only being on loan at St Johnstone.

RANGERS boss Pedro Caixinha says Michael O’Halloran has no future at Ibrox.

The winger is currently banging in the goals while on-loan at St Johnstone, but the Portuguese gaffer isn’t a fan.

Speaking to the media Caixinha said: “He is not my type of player. He is not the type of player Rangers need.”

O’Halloran is just one of a number of players who have hit form since leaving Ibrox this summer.

And their former boss was keen to wish them success with their new clubs.He said: “I wish all the players who left all the best.“They are not our players anymore. It is a totally different situation to wear this badge.“I wish them all the best and hope they keep scoring for their new clubs.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1470256/rangers-pedro-caixinha-michael-ohalloran/?editorialView=yes

I just read that on Twitter there and had a real laugh out loud moment.

It was only last weekend while I was away down south with friends on a jolly that I was informed of a conversation that supposedly took place between MOH and PC when he was getting put out on loan to St Johnstone. Apparantly MOH loves it here and didnt want to go, but was prepared to go until January and told PC this was because "you wont be here by then!"

Incidentally this is the same reason Halliday is supposed to have given for taking a loan deal.

Dont know if all this is tosh, but when you hear something one week and then the manager slaughters the same player the next, it gives it some 2+2 reasoning!

It was only last weekend while I was away down south with friends on a jolly that I was informed of a conversation that supposedly took place between MOH and PC when he was getting put out on loan to St Johnstone. Apparantly MOH loves it here and didnt want to go, but was prepared to go until January and told PC this was because "you wont be here by then!"

Incidentally this is the same reason Halliday is supposed to have given for taking a loan deal.

Dont know if all this is tosh, but when you hear something one week and then the manager slaughters the same player the next, it gives it some 2+2 reasoning!

Sadly I think they're both right (if the alleged discussions are true).

Yes, MOH is not someone who easily fits into the style of play we typically adopt.

And yes, its increasingly looking likely that PC might not be long in the job unless results improve rapidly.

I heard that about Halliday as well.

It's a strange thing to say publicly and it's very naive. MOH has started the season very well, if we're still struggling to score in a months time and MOH is still knocking them in for St Johnstone PC simply piles pressure on himself. A far more diplomatic response would have been my advice. MOH will have friends in the current Rangers squad, they won't like to read their manager slaughtering their mate. I say this as I'm reading a book just now by a former player who talks about the respect Alex Ferguson had from all his players and it was largely because he never spoke to the media about them, everything stayed in the dressing room.

If that's true that MOH said that, then I agree he has no place at Rangers ever again. I'll be disappointed and very surprised if he was so disrespectful. The manager (no matter what you think of him) has to be respected (in terms of his position at the club) or the whole team falls apart. This is basic team building and hence why I don't believe for one minute that he's been stupid enough to say that.

As for PC saying he's not the type of player Rangers needs, I also agree that it was ill judged to have said that, but I'm assuming this was calculated and a clear statement of intent.

If that's true that MOH said that, then I agree he has no place at Rangers ever again. I'll be disappointed and very surprised if he was so disrespectful. The manager (no matter what you think of him) has to be respected (in terms of his position at the club) or the whole team falls apart. This is basic team building and hence why I don't believe for one minute that he's been stupid enough to say that.

As for PC saying he's not the type of player Rangers needs, I also agree that it was ill judged to have said that, but I'm assuming this was calculated and a clear statement of intent.

You cant have it both ways Gaffer. Either it's out of order to say those things or it's not. It cant be "calculated" one way and "disrespectful" the other. If I was to defend one, at least MOH said it (IF true) to his face behind closed doors, while PC threw a current Rangers player under the bus unnecessarily.

It is PC that has no place at Rangers ever again, if we are to take your sentiments out of this situation, for his is by far the worse of the two, and the only one which has definitely happened.

FWIW I think its all just bluster, I dont really believe MOH had the balls to say that (but I dont know him so maybe that is his way) . The manager surely has to earn respect by his actions, just like everybody else in life.

let's remember O'Halleron didn't make Warburton's teams either

Yeh, he doesn't get the space he needs and both managers didn't fancy him. They both can't be wrong.

I got the impression he was a bit too interested in his tan rather than his training?