Morelos and Herrera won't work both are too similar and not versatile enough to create each other chances.

Unless we replace Miller with a younger and/or better version he is still the main man to bring others into play and will play up front with one of these strikers whether you like it or not.

IF we don't sign someone he will play most weeks.

From what I've seen, Herrera is more similar in style to Miller than Morellos.

From what I've seen, Herrera is more similar in style to Miller than Morellos.

I certainly don't see any similarity in Herrera and Miller, I would've said Morelos if I had to choose between them.

Funny how we see things differently :)

Edited by johnnyk

Morelos and Herrera won't work both are too similar and not versatile enough to create each other chances.

Unless we replace Miller with a younger and/or better version he is still the main man to bring others into play and will play up front with one of these strikers whether you like it or not.

IF we don't sign someone he will play most weeks.

Not sure I agree with that johnny. I think Herrera could be the target man with Morelos picking up the scraps. Morelos also runs the channels more whereas Herrera seems to stay more central.

Speaking of the channels - anyone else notice just how willing Morelos is to do that dirty side of the game, running the channels and pulling defenders out of position ? We just need the midfield to then get up into the spaces he has created - and I noticed at one point in such a case we had as many as 5 players in the County box. Could very much help us this season with that channel running that Miller USED to do.

Not sure I agree with that johnny. I think Herrera could be the target man with Morelos picking up the scraps. Morelos also runs the channels more whereas Herrera seems to stay more central.

Speaking of the channels - anyone else notice just how willing Morelos is to do that dirty side of the game, running the channels and pulling defenders out of position ? We just need the midfield to then get up into the spaces he has created - and I noticed at one point in such a case we had as many as 5 players in the County box. Could very much help us this season with that channel running that Miller USED to do.

I just think both are out and out strikers and will score for fun if given the chance. Morelos will chase more so maybe he can be a Miller type player but he's much more clinical than him.

As I said somewhere maybe it would work but I think we'd need our midfield/wingers to help them more :)

I just think both are out and out strikers and will score for fun if given the chance. Morelos will chase more so maybe he can be a Miller type player but he's much more clinical than him.

As I said somewhere maybe it would work but I think we'd need our midfield/wingers to help them more :)

Morelos worked the channels a LOT yesterday. He was more than just an out and out striker from what I saw.

The signs are looking good for young Morelos, lets hope he settles in Scotland as its still early days but if he can go from Columbia to Finland and score, then im hopeful he'll do the same here. His technique for his header was exceptional. Reminded me a bit of Tim Cahill. Id take that

The signs are looking good for young Morelos, lets hope he settles in Scotland as its still early days but if he can go from Columbia to Finland and score, then im hopeful he'll do the same here. His technique for his header was exceptional. Reminded me a bit of Tim Cahill. Id take that

surely you saw that Pele goal I posted WC final 1970.....same technique

The Miller factor has to be taken into consideration. He is the same age as me and obviously no 3 year deals will be put about. But what an absolute pro he has been and its probably time he sat on the bench.

I certainly get more confidence from Morelos than Herrera. Herrera is like a Giroud type striker and needs service.

Yet what do I know...Im watching from afar.

A youngster who was performing to a high level in the Finnish league. That's exactly the type of player we should be going for. His goalscoring record is superb and the only drawback is if he keeps it up he won't hang around long. As someone said earlier in this topic, if he does continue to perform and go to England, we need to have the next one in line waiting.

Firstly well done JJ for spotting him and Pedro for listening to him. When he signed everyone around here was depicting him as a development player but I wasn't because in my view 4 goals in 6 Europa league qualifiers last season doesn't add up to development player.

Total goals in season 16/17 equals 25 appearances with 20 goals and so far it looks like he's simply continuing that kind of record. The hammer throwers will be lining up to have a go at him but aside from his goal scoring record the boy is no shrinking violet. You mess with him he's going to get straight back up and be right in your face.

He will pick up cards.