Oh how the views have turned.....

Morelos arrived having scored a boat load of goals in Finland, yet folk didn't think this was applicable coz he went a couple of early appearances without scoring & he was only playing in Finland. Folk were crying out for a goal scorer - "We need Louis Moult, he'll score for fun with Rangers". Fast forwad a couple of weeks and Morelos is sitting with 5 goals in 4 games. Herrera is also out of the blocks with a very well taken goal yesterday.

I believe Morelos will score many, many more goals for us. As others have said, he's a hard worker, gives defenders a headache with his movement, and isn't afraid of a bit of physical contact - he looks a strong lad. He appears to give a similar work rate to Miller, but with a better end product (in that there generally is an end product).

I also think that Herrera will offer more than Miller - appears a similar type of player...works hard & gets in about the defenders. I don't think he'll score as many as Morelos, but I think they will strike up a VERY useful partnership - the new Hateley & McCoist???

Herrara still looks short of sharpness but there's no doubt he seems to work hard enough and he took his goal very well yesterday. He did have a chance a few minutes prior to that but he and Pena just didn't have enough space to get a shot away so as much as there were ironic cheers from the home fans when Herrera played the ball out wide, they weren't cheering when the big man slotted it away.

Bringing up Moult is interesting as I like the 'Well striker and still think he'd be a good option now. It's going to be interesting to see how well Herrera does in comparison as they're quite similar players.

Bringing up Moult is interesting as I like the 'Well striker and still think he'd be a good option now. It's going to be interesting to see how well Herrera does in comparison as they're quite similar players.

Moult was being touted as the 20+ goal striker that we needed - Morelos was often ignored. I don't think, from what we've seen so far, that Herrera will hit that many - high teens I think. I feel he will offer a lot more in assists (possibly), and in his general play. I think he will be a more effective Kenny Miller ;)

I said from the beginning I like Moreles but I still think we should go for Moult as well, as he has scored 16 goals the last 2 seasons. He scored again yesterday and also had an assist. Morelos and Moult together could be awesome with Miller on the bench.

Edited by pete

I like his attitude - something that often doesnt come well.

Its only a game though, keep the shackles off the young man but yes should be first pick upfront. Kenny has been brilliant for us but he should be used more sparingly to get the best out of the team.

Morelos & Herrera are the two main signings this summer in forward positions. We need to see this partnership for a few games to see if they can play together, which I think they can. With Hardie as first replacement on the bench and for injuries/suspensions. We need to get over this Miller fascination as he is completely finished, no matter how nice a guy he is to have around the squad.

Morelos and Herrera won't work both are too similar and not versatile enough to create each other chances.

Unless we replace Miller with a younger and/or better version he is still the main man to bring others into play and will play up front with one of these strikers whether you like it or not.

IF we don't sign someone he will play most weeks.

Morelos and Herrera won't work both are too similar and not versatile enough to create each other chances.

Unless we replace Miller with a younger and/or better version he is still the main man to bring others into play and will play up front with one of these strikers whether you like it or not.

IF we don't sign someone he will play most weeks.

I'd quite like to see Herrera and Morelos play together for a few games at least but the slight problem with that is Morelos may have to play the deeper role which perhaps negates his scoring instincts somewhat.

A Naismith type would be ideal to replace Miller.

I'd quite like to see Herrera and Morelos play together for a few games at least but the slight problem with that is Morelos may have to play the deeper role which perhaps negates his scoring instincts somewhat.

A Naismith type would be ideal to replace Miller.

It would be good to see if they could play together maybe it would work if other players created more for them but I just feel a Miller type player with either would be better, Naismith would be an ideal replacement.

Miller is getting on a bit we all know but in his role he is still a decent squad player to have but we don't have many if any alternatives to him and we should have.