The Rangers Observer - Lawwell wrote to SFA in July demanding further action against

Hypocrisy is the word you're looking for Craig.

Accusing us of cheating the taxman with EBT's and they did the same with their bogus film deals. We both got caught out.

That simply isn't true though Rab. You are trying to equate what their PLAYERS did with what our CLUB did. It isn't an apples and oranges comparison.

What the players did is their concern. Our concern is what the Clubs did. Celtic are in the clear so long as they deducted the payroll taxes at source.

They didnt for their ebt.

Celtc fans moralising about tax avoidance is a joke.

Celtc talking about other clubs using an ebt is a joke.

Lawells statement should read;

"Despite the fact that we at Celtic knowingly employed tax cheats and introduced our employees to such schemes we are concerned that Rangers football club may have got a competitive advantage from similar tax avoidance schemes."

I'd be more interested in their dealings with the co-op bank & the ultra-soft, uneconomical loans & generous overdraft facilities they got presumably arranged by SLAB politicians at the time.

EBT's were available for everyone. The benevolence of the co-op bank at that time wasn't.

But their current dealings with the co-op bank will interesting as it's now owned by hedge funds I believe.

They didnt for their ebt.

Celtc fans moralising about tax avoidance is a joke.

Celtc talking about other clubs using an ebt is a joke.

Oh I agree Re their EBT. They never ever disclosed it.

However, they won nothing when they had that EBT with Juninho - so they would likely say "Take our trophies from that period and we will take yours" :D They definitely were more in the wrong than we were given the non-disclosure. But we know that there is never any parity.

I'd be more interested in their dealings with the co-op bank & the ultra-soft, uneconomical loans & generous overdraft facilities they got presumably arranged by SLAB politicians at the time.

EBT's were available for everyone. The benevolence of the co-op bank at that time wasn't.

But their current dealings with the co-op bank will interesting as it's now owned by hedge funds I believe.

Not to mention the cheap, nigh on free, land purchases they received which they are no going to develop.....

I don't think that is right Rab.

I just read their wiki (I know, I know...) and it said that "institutional bondholders" converted bonds to equity for 17% of the ownership. Institutional bondholders are not necessarily hedge funds. The remaining investors agreed to add more equity - again, without seeing the listing of shareholders it is difficult to know how much of the company may be owned by hedge funds, if any.

I don't think that is right Rab.

I just read their wiki (I know, I know...) and it said that "institutional bondholders" converted bonds to equity for 17% of the ownership. Institutional bondholders are not necessarily hedge funds. The remaining investors agreed to add more equity - again, without seeing the listing of shareholders it is difficult to know how much of the company may be owned by hedge funds, if any.

"Institutional Bondholders" is an interesting term? It could mean absolutely anything and is surely something worth further investigation? Transparency-Sporting integrity and all that....

"Institutional Bondholders" is an interesting term? It could mean absolutely anything and is surely something worth further investigation? Transparency-Sporting integrity and all that....

Not worth further investigation at all coop. Institutional bondholders is a very common term in the investment world. Basically means companies, pension funds, municipals etc providing funding to the company for interest returns

Edited by craig