[FT] Partick Thistle 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 19; Dorrans 77)

Miller is an absolute certainty next weekend. Tannochside is already on suicide watch

I know it goes against the grain of this and the only other Rangers forum I ever see but if I was the manager then Miller would not only be in my team for the tim game but would be the first name I put down and the one I'd most worry about picking up an injury.

Apologies for the fit your are having now, Tannochside.

So thats 25 mins of 90. Not good enough but you have had to play with sematics a fair bit there to make it sound worse.

I don't need Semantics to make this manager look bad. He is doing just fine himself. First it was he needs to settle in. Then it was he needs his own players. He has now got his own players in and nothing has improved. 3 wins 2 draws and a loss and we still have not played a top club. In fact we have only played the relegation candidates. What's the next excuse?

A couple of further points on Friday;

Why didnt Nico start? When you consider we have a potential 2 hour cup tie on Tuesday before the OF game, you would think Nico would play the league game, sit out the cup tie, and be ready for the bheasts. Now that Windass failed (again) and Nico will come back in on Tuesday, that is not the best planning for the game that his job may be resting on.

Surely now Herrera & Pena must start the game on Tuesday. They are the two big money signings of the last window and we are now well into the season and they aren't ready? Pena looks to me as if there is some talent there, but he is going to need game time to get to know his teammates. It looks like he wants to link up with quick 1-2's and short passes, and if you dont know where your teammates are going to be then everything breaks down. Also his teammates need to support these runs and not stand watching as I have witnessed them do. Herrera is a different type of striker, but Morelos needs a partner and Miller is not it, so it figures that Herrera must be given a chance to build a partnership with Morelos.

Windass & Miller have had plenty of chances and have failed. time to ditch them both and try other options. Anything less is pure stubbornness and bad management, and I thought we had seen enough of that with our last 2 managers.

I think Kranjcar had to have been injured, or rested, as he wasn't in the squad at all; he's usually involved.

I think Kranjcar is good, and should be an option in certain games and times, but Windass -- as the squad is now -- is first choice. The stats suggest he brings a lot more to the team in terms of creativity and goals. It's merely your opinion that Windass "has failed". The stats suggest you're wrong. It's good management to be objective.

I think Miller has been poorer this season thus far, and I would like someone else to play his role, but unfortunately we don't have anyone -- personally I would like to see Windass there but I don't think he quite has the close control; another option is Pena, but I think he'd be better running from deep for the 1-2's as you mentioned. Herrera is a different type of player, and so we'd need to play differently with him in the team - we'd get overrun in midfield much more often!

A couple of further points on Friday;

Why didnt Nico start? When you consider we have a potential 2 hour cup tie on Tuesday before the OF game, you would think Nico would play the league game, sit out the cup tie, and be ready for the bheasts. Now that Windass failed (again) and Nico will come back in on Tuesday, that is not the best planning for the game that his job may be resting on.

Surely now Herrera & Pena must start the game on Tuesday. They are the two big money signings of the last window and we are now well into the season and they aren't ready? Pena looks to me as if there is some talent there, but he is going to need game time to get to know his teammates. It looks like he wants to link up with quick 1-2's and short passes, and if you dont know where your teammates are going to be then everything breaks down. Also his teammates need to support these runs and not stand watching as I have witnessed them do. Herrera is a different type of striker, but Morelos needs a partner and Miller is not it, so it figures that Herrera must be given a chance to build a partnership with Morelos.

Windass & Miller have had plenty of chances and have failed. time to ditch them both and try other options. Anything less is pure stubbornness and bad management, and I thought we had seen enough of that with our last 2 managers.

kranjcar was injured