SPFL confirms it has SCRAPPED plans for Rangers EBT review

Will doncaster now be sacked?

Like any CEO or MD, Doncaster's role is to carry out the policies decided by the board. Much as I think he's a low-grade wage-thief, it might be prudent to focus on those sitting on the SPFL board rather than make Doncaster a very convenient and hugely overpaid scapegoat.

But he went against his boards wishes here and persued his own anti rangers agenda. That's why he has to go.

Why do you think there is a statement from the SRFL board saying they wanted it and blaming the SFA? It is to savee Doncasters face.

What a debacle by the SPFL of their own making, two contradictory and confusing statements being made within days of each other. There is a split and factions within the SPFL board, on one side, Doncaster and his paymaster Liewell, on the other side those who don't now toe the Liewell party line.

As per usual we don't know what the club are doing to exploit this schism, is the club agitating for the removal of Doncaster. Why is the club not calling out publicly, the agenda by one club celtic. Clarification needs called for, did or do the SPFL board want a review of the Rangers EBT various and multiple punishments, one of which was illegal. Or did the SPFL only want an general review on procedures which did not specifically target Rangers again?

Edited by aweebluesoandso

did they consult the 42 clubs ? NO

Therefore Dumbcaster has to go

Does a boardroom always have to consult it's members? Did the members not vote them in to make decisions? I am not for Doncaster in any way but I will be shocked if he gets sacked for this. Sometimes it is also better a fool you know.

The thought of a few hundred deluded, demented, obsessed and frankly, weird Tims flinging their spare cash at a judicial review is rather amusing.

God knows, they've flung enough cash at obsessed bloggers over the years. One wonders how they can afford the annual trips to Santa Ponsa.

Does a boardroom always have to consult it's members? Did the members not vote them in to make decisions? I am not for Doncaster in any way but I will be shocked if he gets sacked for this. Sometimes it is also better a fool you know.

directors wouldn't last long in any boardroom if they disregarded the views of their members, shareholders etc.

No, they don't.

However, in this instance Doncaster's request for review specifically stated that the SPFL member clubs wished this review to take place. Given it was subsequently proven that not only did he not have unanimity amongst the clubs but it was actually a small minority who wished the review.... it shows that he was not being honest or transparent. Both of those traits should see him removed from his position. A CEO position is one of trust and if you cannot be trusted you should resign.