Would love to see Rangers players form the nucleus but your argument has no logic; if the best team was, say, Hearts, then they should form the nucleus of the national side. Just unfortunate it happens to be THEM.

And THEIR Scottish players are no world beaters as we've seen in recent internationals.

Why? Because they play in a weak league which became virtually meaningless in 2012. Only 1 club benefited when we got put in SFL3. The rest toed the Liewell line & adopted Sporting Integrity which meant drastic budget cuts leading to a poorer standard throughout

And the standard has plummeted as we can all surely see since we got back into the top division just over a year ago. At present it doesn't matter which club is best the league is crap and that won't help the national side unless there's sufficient players playing elsewhere in better leagues which there isn't.

Things have got to the stage for Scotland that Mulgrew from EFL1 is getting a game. And players from the English Championship I've never heard of get selected because the SPFL premiership is so poor

Chickens are coming home to roost for the Scottish national team because of 2012 & sporting integrity. But don't expect the clowns called the tartan army to realise why

I said before a ball was kicked in these qualifiers that Regan and Strachan had to go, still think so.

Right now we don't have a lot of quality, but what we do have needs to be managed better.

These qualifiers were not even a glorious failure.

Rangers players or not I am gutted but Strachan's team selections have hampered us from day 1 of this tournament. Why he thought Burke was a better choice than Griffiths I will never know. Why go 4-4-2 in such an important game?

Martin did absolutely no chasing down. Phillips was the waste of a jersey.

Time for Strachan to move on.

It will be painted as another so near yet so far disappointment. But the fact is, we didn't lose tonight to the team who finished top or indeed even second in our section.

We got put out by a side who finished below that.

Strapon has had more than enough chances. He got more than most and still failed. As far as the Scotland set-up is concerned he's a serial failure.

And the dumpling acting as his second in commands appointment should have seen Chesney being handed his P45 straight away.

The sight of the two of them blethering away with bemused eyes on the sidelines was sickening. A pair of clueless clowns.

And THEIR Scottish players are no world beaters as we've seen in recent internationals.

Why? Because they play in a weak league which became virtually meaningless in 2012. Only 1 club benefited when we got put in SFL3. The rest toed the Liewell line & adopted Sporting Integrity which meant drastic budget cuts leading to a poorer standard throughout

And the standard has plummeted as we can all surely see since we got back into the top division just over a year ago. At present it doesn't matter which club is best the league is crap and that won't help the national side unless there's sufficient players playing elsewhere in better leagues which there isn't.

Things have got to the stage for Scotland that Mulgrew from EFL1 is getting a game. And players from the English Championship I've never heard of get selected because the SPFL premiership is so poor

Chickens are coming home to roost for the Scottish national team because of 2012 & sporting integrity. But don't expect the clowns called the tartan army to realise why

And that standard doesn't seem to bother Wales and the two Irelands much; England select from the the premier but the others are mainly from the championship lower leagues inc. EFL 1. SPL is poor but how do we increase the competition? When we can compete with Keltic that would be a start.

Yeah, he's ex-Keltic. But name me any Rangers ex-player who could do it? McInnes the only one I can think of. 'THEY' have more names available, simple,no conspiracy tosh.

McLeish would be a better option.

Haven't watched a full Scotland game for ages now, since despite earlier sentimental affections in the 1980s and 90s, a certain amount of favouritism has set in both in management and player-selection. IMHO, at least. The last decade has been a disaster, both managerial- and selection-wise, and since our absence and thus auto-lack of Rangers players, interest has dwindled to a minimum. And one may call me biased, but if the likes of the Legoeater* and the Racist are amongst the best out there on the park in the Darker Blue, you know Scotland is in trouble. Then again, who would have wanted to see that colour (again) at the World Cup? Which is not to say that I feel sorry for those normal Scotland fans who see another WC lying in tatters.

*Anyone in the media already lamenting that he was dearly missed by Scotland yesterday?

NB: Just in case ... they are going over the top here about Germany winning each and every game in their group. Which can be called an achievement ... up to the point where you notice that it is Northern Ireland (sic!) in 2nd place. This is like placing Borussia Dortmund in Bundesliga 3 and rave about them winning every match ...

Edited by der Berliner