Rangers 1 Kilmarnock 1 Post Match Discussion.

I think that team looks good.

Felt Dorrans had a good game on Sunday, and pushing him a bit further forward may work well in more of a playmaker-type role.

Not 100% convinced with Nemane, but have seen very little of him to really tell.

I have been impressed with Declan John in recent games. I think he has contributed more to the team than Wallace had in recent months.

As for the manager....the question(s) that is always asked about PC, should be asked of those suggestions (McInnes, Wright, Allardyce, de Boer, O'Neill) - What have they achieved/Won??? What would they bring to RFC???

The likes of McInnes & Wright are doing fairly well domestically, but they aren't world beaters....

ANY new manager is a total gamble, as is any player...regardless of past success or reputation. I believe that PC has advanced/raised the quality of the team - we can play some VERY nice stuff. He just need to raise their confidence/belief & get them performing at a higher level, more consistently - he needs to pull all the component parts together!!!

While Jack has been playing good I actually question his value for the team. He operates in positions where the defenders should be operating in. His play moving forward is virtually non-existent. That would be fine if we had a midfield play-maker where he could deliver the ball too but to be honest Dorrans and certainly Pena are no where near to being that play-maker. Personally I would drop Jack and let Dorrans operate deeper with Holt adding an extra motor to the midfield. I would put Herrera up front and play Morelos in the 10 role playing around Hererra. That would mean that Morelos would be harder to mark and Herrera would be taking on the physical battle with the central defenders. When Nemane is playing it is normally Candeias that takes the left wing position. I haven't given up on Windass just yet as he did miss 2 glaring chances but at the same time he did create the chances in the first place. I think the bandit knew i had him as first goal scorer.:) I have not seen anything in Nemane to suggest he will be an improvement on Windass so I will give Josh another chance for want of anything better. Bringing back Miller on the left would be another option. (Again for want of anything better.)

Foderingham

Tavernier McCrorie Alves John

Dorrans Holt

Candeias Morelos Miller\Windass

Herrera

Against teams like Killie we should go 3-5-2 (tough luck that Cardoso will be out) with Jack playing the sole DM role in front of them (AFAIK, Dorrans ain't a natural DM, is he?). That would give us numerical advantage in midfield and a striker more too. I doubt Killie will be overly attack-minded either.

Foderingham

Tavernier - Alves - McCrorie

Jack

Candeias - Pena - Dorrans - John

Herrera - Morelos

Since Jack is there to cover Tav's runs up the park, we should be defensively okay.

With regard to long balls I have posted on the Morelos thread regarding this.

An interesting thought I have is not to use Hodson at LB but to bring Beerman back in and move John into the position Windass is holding.Also I would drop Windass and Pena from squad for Wednesday and bring Miller back in as I believe he is the one man who would have rolled up his sleeves and showed the on field leadership we lacked on Sunday.

Pedro wont go with a 4-2-3-1 at home to a defensive team set up to counter attack with a lone striker while parking the bus. Playing with two defensive midfielder would be futile he'll go with a 4-4-2 which most likely will include both Pena and Windass. Young McCrorie will come in for Cardoso and Alnwick will be replaced by Wes. I fully expect to steam roller Killie on Wednesday night by at least 3 or 4 goals and if the players are honest with themselves so should they. However if it does turn out to be a turgid difficult night with few goals in it then we'll know that the players are not responding to the manager and that will be pretty much that I'm afraid.

With regard to long balls I have posted on the Morelos thread regarding this.

An interesting thought I have is not to use Hodson at LB but to bring Beerman back in and move John into the position Windass is holding.Also I would drop Windass and Pena from squad for Wednesday and bring Miller back in as I believe he is the one man who would have rolled up his sleeves and showed the on field leadership we lacked on Sunday.

I disagree....Miller would have done a lot of running, a lot of head shaking & a lot of huffing & puffing, but not much else. I actually feel that the team is performing better without him there.