Ryan Jack wins red card appeal

Why is Broadfoot. not called up for stamping on toes feigning injury?

My thought was the red card was the correct decision for Jack, but I also believe Broadfoot was deserving of a red card. I think potentially the CO showed some, dare I say, common sense and rescinded the red for Jack purely because he couldn't upgrade Broadfoot's to a red and it wouldn't be fair for one to be punished and not the other.....

Or, maybe i'm just giving the CO too much credit

I know it's easier said than done Ian but Jack needs to think of the team and walk away from these confrontations as next time the card will stick....

Quite the opposite. If Ryan Jack allowed opponents to bully him with impunity I'd be questioning his attitude. Many of the great Rangers players I've watched over the last 50 years would have put Broadfoot on a stretcher for what he did. Instead of whining and moralising about Jack's willingness to stand up for himself, the team and the club, we should be standing up for him wholeheartedly. Being up for the physical battle is a positive attribute he has brought to the club and I welcome it.

One player, two red cards, both rescinded.

What does that say about the competence of the referees, or their motive?

I am in Mallorca at the moment, but last week driving home after the Killie game, BBC Radio Scotland's RichardGordon was venomous reference Ryan Jack, "three red cards in as many months, clearly a problem there". Well, tricky Dicky, two of those red cards have been rescinded, clearly a problem with officials. While we are at it, how is the police investigation going reference the engraving in two feet high letters on the Rangers team coach, "haha 66", in your beloved Aberdeen?

Quite the opposite. If Ryan Jack allowed opponents to bully him with impunity I'd be questioning his attitude. Many of the great Rangers players I've watched over the last 50 years would have put Broadfoot on a stretcher for what he did. Instead of whining and moralising about Jack's willingness to stand up for himself, the team and the club, we should be standing up for him wholeheartedly. Being up for the physical battle is a positive attribute he has brought to the club and I welcome it.

Not disagreeing with both you and Ian's argument as to why he shouldn't walk away and i agree he is being targeted but that's more the reason why he has to hold his hands up to draw the refs attention that he is doing nowt and walk away.

IMO.

Not disagreeing with both you and Ian's argument as to why he shouldn't walk away and i agree he is being targeted but that's more the reason why he has to hold his hands up to draw the refs attention that he is doing nowt and walk away.

IMO.

I get what you are saying mate, most refs use the cop out of dishing both players with a yellow card, see Dorrans v Killie, all too often when it is clear one player is usually the instigator so that is why I find it difficult in most situations, the standard of refereeing in Scotland is as bad as it has ever been, since the BHEASTS caused a strike and got one sacked, intimidation does work it seems!.

If Craig Thomson (other examples are readily available!) is the Video referee we will still be victimised. The VR is still, for a lot of decisions, making a judgement call. Was a particular tackle reckless and deserving of a red card? The answer, even after umpteen viewings is still that it is not a red card for Scott Brown but it is for Ryan Jack. Scott Brown's weekly off the ball elbow will still be ignored. Louis Moult still gets away with breaking Cardoso's nose.

However there is more chance of getting obvious errors right at a time when it can still influence the game if a VR is in play, which I support. Offside goals etc are a matter of fact.not judgement. I would take that small comfort at least, as well as Tony getting his well-earned P45.

There was an incident in the Dutch cup a few weeks ago. Firstly there was a penalty claim for Vitesse (I think) that the referee denied. PSV went to the other end and scored with a ball that was hardly over the line. The referee gave the goal but asked for a video replay. He watched the goal first and saw the ball had crossed the line. then he watched the penalty incident and decided to give the penalty. He had to then chop off the goal and award a penalty. It did take a few minutes but he made the right decision in the end as it was a penalty.

My thought was the red card was the correct decision for Jack, but I also believe Broadfoot was deserving of a red card. I think potentially the CO showed some, dare I say, common sense and rescinded the red for Jack purely because he couldn't upgrade Broadfoot's to a red and it wouldn't be fair for one to be punished and not the other.....

Or, maybe i'm just giving the CO too much credit

put the video up because I'm not sure Jack was a red........Big Kirk as we used to call him was disgraceful .....what club worth their salt would employ that guy ?

There was an incident in the Dutch cup a few weeks ago. Firstly there was a penalty claim for Vitesse (I think) that the referee denied. PSV went to the other end and scored with a ball that was hardly over the line. The referee gave the goal but asked for a video replay. He watched the goal first and saw the ball had crossed the line. then he watched the penalty incident and decided to give the penalty. He had to then chop off the goal and award a penalty. It did take a few minutes but he made the right decision in the end as it was a penalty.

Not for me thanks.

The referee will make mistakes. I can accept that.

I don't want the game to be slowed down any more than it already is.

Not for me thanks.

The referee will make mistakes. I can accept that.

I don't want the game to be slowed down any more than it already is.

Normally it is 1 or 2 decisions per game for about 30 seconds that for me isn't a problem. In fact a lot of the time the Ref is checking while the ball is being retrieved and the players are getting into position.