Jim Craig reveals he was surprised to see ‘the poor state’ of Rangers’ Ibrox stadium

Did he have a practise on Edinburgh road near SpringBoig/ Cranhill/

He may have worked in the NHS in a number of areas, but his bankrupt private practice was on Royal Terrace, just off the western end of Sauchiehall Street. He sent his kids to St Aloysius and had difficulty meeting the fees some 30-35 years past. I believe his wife taught at the school?

In the sixties he was in a Practice in Achamore Road Drumchapel with partners Alastair Gillies(dubbed the singing dentist being a singer of Gaelic songs),and another called Christie,Donald I , think.

Jim Craig done work on a front crown that I had to get due to an accident and it was only this year that I had to get a Dental bridge to replace it ,as the root to which it was attached had deteriorated too much.Not bad after 52 years,he was a very good dentist.

You would assume that quite a few former Celtic people are quite normal and decent folk and don't belong to the hate-brigade that developed from the late 90s onwards. They most likely dislike or hate us on a "different level".

I've not met that many ex-Celtic players but I have met a few and most were surprisingly friendly and warm about Rangers. I think ex-players do view things differently to supporters. I was at a function a few years back and Frank McAvennie was there. I'd him down as ned, nothing more. But I was really surprised by him. He not only spoke well, his anecdotes were very funny, he was self-deprecating and when he realised there were a few bluenoses there told some cracking stories about Souness. I wanted to hate him, it was annoying!

I remember during a stramash in the Celtic goalmouth Craig ended up putting the ball in his own net. Willie Johnstone proffered his hand to Craig who aimed a kick at Willie (he missed). Most unsporting conduct.

I thought you were going to say he kicked his teeth in.:D

I remember during a stramash in the Celtic goalmouth Craig ended up putting the ball in his own net. Willie Johnstone proffered his hand to Craig who aimed a kick at Willie (he missed). Most unsporting conduct.

I'm sure you'll find a clip of that on youtube