Dundee 2 Rangers 1 post match discussion

A number 10, or second-striker, coming deep into midfield is nothing new and can be an effective ploy. It's just that Miller is crap at it. I think we have to differentiate between the role -- which is good and effective -- and the player -- who is crap at it!

I think Windass would be better at it: he's got good ball control, he's creative, and can get up and support Morelos more quickly with his pace. Pena is better at the top end, but I don't see him creating from deep as well. Having two players behind him [Windass] will negate his poorer defensive game, to a certain extent.

I think I would prefer Dorrans in that roll, we need to see him in a more advanced roll

A number 10, or second-striker, coming deep into midfield is nothing new and can be an effective ploy. It's just that Miller is crap at it. I think we have to differentiate between the role -- which is good and effective -- and the player -- who is crap at it!

I think Windass would be better at it: he's got good ball control, he's creative, and can get up and support Morelos more quickly with his pace. Pena is better at the top end, but I don't see him creating from deep as well. Having two players behind him [Windass] will negate his poorer defensive game, to a certain extent.

Also like to add that I think Windass and Morelos seem to have a good understanding of how each other play...

As of now, Pena looked more dangerous than Windass or Dorrans through the middle. And as opposed to Miller, he also goes for goal rather than laying the ball off (usually a bit too hastily for his fellow players). And he has quite a physical presence and ain't that easily brushed off the ball. You wonder what more game-time would get out of him.

As of now, Pena looked more dangerous than Windass or Dorrans through the middle. And as opposed to Miller, he also goes for goal rather than laying the ball off (usually a bit too hastily for his fellow players). And he has quite a physical presence and ain't that easily brushed off the ball. You wonder what more game-time would get out of him.

I'm inclined to agree with you that Pena should get more of a shout, but obviously Kenny Miller disagrees. He is the attacking midfielder.

I'm inclined to agree with you that Pena should get more of a shout, but obviously Kenny Miller disagrees. He is the attacking midfielder.

I wouldn't exactly mind an attacking midfielder of that name ... in a 5-man midfield and two different strikers up front. Every now and then.

I recommend those who attend a lot of games in winter to buy a battery powered, heated jacket.

I wore a waistcoat one under a ski jacket to a match at Wembley on what looked like a nice day but was only a few degrees. Everyone was grumbling while I was toasty, and with quarter of an hour to go, a mate started shivering with a load of layers on and so I ended up lending it to him. I was fine for that amount of time with my ski jacket.

The great thing is that when you move somewhere warmer, you don't have to remove and stash a load of layers - just switch it off. Nice and lightweight too.

For me, I've a more social problem as I always meet people in the pub on a Friday - and none of them are Scots never mind Rangers fans. It takes me half an hour to cycle there, and so I think I'm going to have to go to the pub and sit in a corner ignoring everyone while I watch it on my phone, and then join in at about 9:20.

Trouble is that in England, most people tend to go home by 11 on a Friday (well around my age anyway). Lightweights! ;)

The trouble is I can't record it or watch it on demand. If Rangers TV ever becomes fit for purpose, please let me know.