Tomorrows AGM

It's not even something we have thought. Kevin Kyle actually publicly flat out said he got paid far more than he would have happily accepted, did he not ?

think of the circumstances.....we had to get players in to walk the lowest division. McCoist has a budget of £millions....he sees £millions leaking out via Green and the revolving door of "directors".....why shouldn't he spend the player budget to give the fans something to watch

Kevin Kyle was "something to watch" :shock:

I think you are missing the point. Kevin Kyle himself said he was overpaid compared to what he would have otherwise accepted. As an employer Rangers should have been embarrassed that an employee would come out and say that because it shows that they are fiscally irresponsible. Consider the "domino effect" of such a policy of overpaying players. We were allegedly paying Ian Black 8k a week (unbelievably overpaid for a guy who just a couple of months earlier was painting & decorating for a job.....) so if someone else signs and has any kind of inkling of what others are being paid then they will want parity, particularly when you consider neither Kyle nor Black were particularly impressive players.

He shouldn't spend the budget because it has a knock-on effect not just for that season but subsequent ones too. And, yes, Green et al may indeed have found a way to squander the money - but that doesn't mean that McCoist should do the same. He had absolutely NO REASON to be paying the wages he did back then. It simply isn't good enough to say "well, they are wasting money so why shouldn't I".

No wonder we find ourselves as financial basket cases when we are almost happily accepting the club have been squandering money and over-paying journeymen. We need to move away from that ASAP.

Edited by craig

no one's arguing the Ally bought some shite and was a crap manager.........if you allocate a sum to a department to meet a target (promotion to the next league)....then the head of that department is going to make sure that target is met. Who wouldn't spend in that situation ?

The club is in poor hands. Dinasours tying to build the club on yesteryear. We don't want to rely on Europe. We don't want celtic fans at Ibrox and we most definetly don't want what they term as "people who know the club" in charge. We don't want Kenny miller running the club and we don't want ally McCoist Walter Smith and ex players doing it either.

They know nothing of the supporters wants and quite frankly don't have a clue what their doing. Said it a couple weeks back and repeat it again. They are killing the club and will see us closed within a decade. The only way is down with this lot in command. Completely clueless and liars too.

Park did pick canixiha and king is picking this time, the time delay is down to king and him alone.

Never thought I would see the day I felt the club no longer represents me. Even with the ****s who were complete thieves I never felt so distant from the club as I do now.

I thought I was pessimistic.

I think I might bookmark this.

Trueblue,are you sure you are a committed fan as your article was so depressing.

I like many others on here have made errors in decisions and no doubt you have too,but to put it bluntly they are in the past and I don't feel in any way that those made by the board distance me from the club.

As I have said many times before I am a glass half full type and always look forward to having it topped up,hope you can too:drink::rfcbouncy::crest

Club 1872 logo

RIFC AGM Summary

Dear Member,

The 2017 RIFC AGM took place yesterday in Glasgow and Club 1872 Directors attended to vote according to members’ wishes and also to ask questions submitted by members over the past couple of weeks. We prepared a list of 21 questions submitted by members, covering a variety of topics from the managerial situation to future funding, the commercial performance of the club and matters relating to Club 1872’s ongoing relationship with RIFC.

Club 1872 directors were able to address 4 of those questions directly to the RIFC board yesterday, with other topics being partially covered during the remainder of the AGM Q&A and Dave King’s address.

The 4 questions asked on members’ behalf and the answers given are laid out below:

1. In March Club 1872 raised formal concerns over the length of time taken to identify a new manager following Mark Warburton’s departure. At that time we were given assurances that lessons had been learned and that in future, succession planning would be in place to ensure that a similar situation would not arise again.

Despite this we have now seen what’s been described today (by chairman Dave King) as an appropriately timed process, but which supporters feel to have been an unacceptable delay in appointing a new manager at a crucial time of the season. This has seen us lose ground in the league, has caused supporters a great deal of frustration and has led to a vacuum of information which has been filled with speculation and innuendo - this has been very unhelpful for the image of the club.

You’ve given a detailed account today of the process you’ve been going through to appoint a new manager, but would the board accept that prior to today, communication between the club and supporters should have been better, and will the board commit now to engaging with the Club 1872 board to formalise communication between Club 1872 and the club for the benefit of our members and the wider support?

DK: On the second part absolutely, certainly. We’ve had various discussions about that. I think it is right and it is appropriate for the club, in discussion with Club 1872, to look at ways to improve the communication. I think because our attention has been in other areas we have perhaps not invested as much time on that as we should have. There is a strong intent from the company to open up dialogue and ensure that we communicate better.

As far as the manager, I don’t accept the comment you’ve made. It’s difficult to put a time limit on it. The issue with Pedro was not one of succession planning, there’s maybe a perception that Pedro was doomed to failure. It wasn’t my view, I don’t think it was the board’s view, we continued to back Pedro. Ultimately results speak for themselves and having taken action we were extremely aware that this is going to be a 3 year appointment. We have got to be a careful we don’t let adverse results distract us from the process and I’m personally happy that we have taken the correct amount of time.

2. Given the volume of lies being published and broadcast daily about our Club, do the Directors intend to adopt a more robust stance with our detractors in the media, and will any changes be made to our PR approach going forward?

DK: The quick answer is yes. I think we are deficient in the technical means of communication and are not up to speed in where we should be with using our social media platforms and that’s an investment issue. We just haven’t invested the money in that area. It is becoming increasingly important that we can communicate effectively with our supporters.

What we will not be doing is communicating on some of the individual lies that are out there. We understand that stuff is happening. I was sent a story that stated we were interviewing a certain candidate for manager and the comment on social media was hugely negative but of course we weren’t even talking to the chap.

It wouldn’t always be appropriate of the club to deal on that detailed level but it certainly is important that we can communicate regular messages. And yes if there is an accumulation of individual items that start to reflect on the club then yes we have to deal with it, and I repeat I don’t think we have been as strong in that as we could have been over the past couple of years.

3. With the accounts identifying funding of £7.2m being required by the end of season 2018/19, when do the board forecast that the club will become self-sustaining and what is the plan to convert loans to equity? Will this be staggered or will it be done in totality at the next share issue?

DK: The company will only be self sustaining when we are back to successfully competing in Europe and that remains our target. We are in a position at the moment where we can’t budget. If we had given Pedro a budget and he went off and spent that budget for the season then when the DoF comes along and tells us we need to replace the manager then we have to say we can’t do that because the budget is gone.

The view we are still taking is that we will continue to do whatever is necessary to get the club back on track as soon as we possibly can. We’ve had to now make funds available and we’ll continue to do that until the club is back at the top in Scotland.

On the point about the conversion, yes that will be staggered. I think at this point there is a situation where there are certain investors who have advanced loans in excess of the ability to convert in one go. That means some of the loans will remain outstanding beyond any initial share issue and will continue to be interest free funding to the club.

4. If Resolution 11 is passed has the board considered when they will hold a share issue and will Club 1872 be able to participate in such an issue to allow it to maintain or increase its percentage shareholding in RIFC?

DK: Absolutely.

You can see the text of Dave King’s address to the AGM here.

There is a further interview with Dave King given to RTV after the AGM here.

In addition to this, Club 1872 has sent the remaining 17 questions to Rangers and we will publish their responses as soon as we receive them. We are mindful of the pressing matters facing the club currently, not least the process of appointing a new manager, but we hope to have responses within a relatively short time frame.

All resolutions were passed at the AGM. Members can read more about this here. We will shortly be communcating to members what this means for Club 1872 going forward.

Club 1872