Tomorrows AGM

The type of scenario that comes to mind for me is when we used to offer a player on £2k a week, say 8k a week with some bonuses. Why wouldn't 6k a week plus £100k worth of bonuses for expected target performance, plus more for above target be attractive to such a player?

I don't think pay per play is so good due to the reasons Craig gave, but things like league position, and cup wins to semis, and qualification for the EL etc could maybe be better.

Other clubs say in the EPL, could have the bonus for staying up etc meaning relegation does not bankrupt the club.

The club is in poor hands. Dinasours tying to build the club on yesteryear. We don't want to rely on Europe. We don't want celtic fans at Ibrox and we most definetly don't want what they term as "people who know the club" in charge. We don't want Kenny miller running the club and we don't want ally McCoist Walter Smith and ex players doing it either.

They know nothing of the supporters wants and quite frankly don't have a clue what their doing. Said it a couple weeks back and repeat it again. They are killing the club and will see us closed within a decade. The only way is down with this lot in command. Completely clueless and liars too.

Park did pick canixiha and king is picking this time, the time delay is down to king and him alone.

Never thought I would see the day I felt the club no longer represents me. Even with the ****s who were complete thieves I never felt so distant from the club as I do now.

While I get the point, I don't quite think the numbers are correct as our revenue should theoretically increase to about £35m without Europe, considering pre-Whyte figures.

Would that not entail 2 long domestic cup runs though, something that may not be possible with a poorer playing squad? Plus although we can expect an increase in retail turnover, the impact on the bottom line may not be as significant as some expect. The days of the JJB deals are long gone.

There's no easy answer.

But all it leaves us is with a larger wage that shareholders have to fund when Europe doesn't work out. It just seems pretty risky.

Absolutely. It's fine short term but it's not a model that can survive in the medium term without someone somewhere having very deep pockets.

I can't see our current benefactors continuing to finance us in 5 years time.

The type of scenario that comes to mind for me is when we used to offer a player on £2k a week, say 8k a week with some bonuses. Why wouldn't 6k a week plus £100k worth of bonuses for expected target performance, plus more for above target be attractive to such a player?

There's definitely be many instances over the years where I've thought we could get a player for a cheaper salary than we have offered. I sometimes have thought that there's an attitude of "We're Rangers so we have to pay quadruple wages" rather than merely double them.

The club is in poor hands. Dinasours tying to build the club on yesteryear. We don't want to rely on Europe. We don't want celtic fans at Ibrox and we most definetly don't want what they term as "people who know the club" in charge. We don't want Kenny miller running the club and we don't want ally McCoist Walter Smith and ex players doing it either.

They know nothing of the supporters wants and quite frankly don't have a clue what their doing. Said it a couple weeks back and repeat it again. They are killing the club and will see us closed within a decade. The only way is down with this lot in command. Completely clueless and liars too.

Park did pick canixiha and king is picking this time, the time delay is down to king and him alone.

Never thought I would see the day I felt the club no longer represents me. Even with the ****s who were complete thieves I never felt so distant from the club as I do now.

Celtic rely on Europe....are they doing it wrong then ?

The alternative to relying on Europe is serious downsizing in our playing staff.

I see no evidence Miller or any ex players/ managers are running the club

Blame it all on King, the guy who's put money into us for no reward....even lost £20 million and came back for more

you got any suggestions who might be around to pump money into us ?

If you feel the club doesn't represent you.....well nobody's making you follow the club.......

Edited by colinstein

Celtic rely on Europe....are they doing it wrong then ?

Considering that they have pretty much been guaranteed Euro football for the past 4 or 5 years, I don't think it's much of a gamble for them. Also given that they haven't exactly splashed too much cash over the years, means they should have built up a tidy wee fund to cover any years when not in Europe.

I would have thought with the return of merchandise monies, the balance sheet will be begin to look a lot healthier without relying on Europe, but until that starts bringing in significant sums, it makes it difficult to budget.

Thats a full out lie from King. Very disappointing. While the decision was ratified by the board, this was a done deal by Graeme Park from day 1. Information 100% accurate from an involved party.
Or maybe your source isn't right?

Seems a bit of an extreme view to me. Not that you aren't entitled to it of course :thup:

Would that not entail 2 long domestic cup runs though,

With our relative budget to other clubs, semi-finals should be average - which we're still achieving.

something that may not be possible with a poorer playing squad?

Well, my scenario was to have the same playing squad earning the same money on target performance - 2nd in the league, at least one semi final and qualification for EL.

I think it's what we're kind of doing anyway, calculating what we can afford with what we see our success and associated income over several seasons to be and averaging it out to pay the players, with a smaller level of bonuses.

My thinking is to pay pretty much exactly the same over a period, but pay more in the good years and less in the bad. That way if you have more bad than projected you don't have a huge shortfall and players don't get overly rewarded for mediocrity or less.

I do realise that players themselves would prefer to lower their own risks and go for the status quo when looking to sign.

Plus although we can expect an increase in retail turnover, the impact on the bottom line may not be as significant as some expect. The days of the JJB deals are long gone.

Yes, but previously it was worth about £5m a year so say a £1-2m drop isn't such a big difference. I was thinking that our turnover should be increasing this year due to TV and prize money kicking in as well as much increased commercial income - although I suppose our world wide exposure is much less than it used to be.

There's no easy answer.

I agree, but I also find the status quo is not healthy.

Absolutely. It's fine short term but it's not a model that can survive in the medium term without someone somewhere having very deep pockets.

I can't see our current benefactors continuing to finance us in 5 years time.

That's the problem, and I can't see how we can guarantee the minimum success needed. With the last two managers, we can't even get close.