Tomorrows AGM

There's definitely be many instances over the years where I've thought we could get a player for a cheaper salary than we have offered. I sometimes have thought that there's an attitude of "We're Rangers so we have to pay quadruple wages" rather than merely double them.

It's not even something we have thought. Kevin Kyle actually publicly flat out said he got paid far more than he would have happily accepted, did he not ?

Breaking even would mean reducing our staff costs from £17.6m to £11.0m. It could be done but the quality of the playing squad would theoretically deteriorate significantly.

As for restructuring the way we play players, we would really struggle to attract anyone. Players don't want to take the risk and would go elsewhere if we were the only club doing it. Sounds good in theory but just wouldn't work.

Do you really think we're getting best value for money with those £17.6m staff costs? I don't.

No his source is 100% correct , Graham park was responsible for the last manager

No he wasn't, technically. The Board were. They have joint and several liability and collective responsibility.

As Bluedell (I think) said.... there is truth to both statements. King is right that it was a Board decision. And TB is probably right that GP was the man leading the charge for Pedro.

We have to remember that King has a fiduciary obligation to the club and company - and also has to be careful when wording any statement. I see no reason to call him a liar in this instance and, had he came out and said GP made the decision to hire Pedro could have seen some unnecessary backlash.

Sometimes it is the right thing to do to be making statements in grey shades.

The club is in poor hands. Dinasours tying to build the club on yesteryear. We don't want to rely on Europe. We don't want celtic fans at Ibrox and we most definetly don't want what they term as "people who know the club" in charge. We don't want Kenny miller running the club and we don't want ally McCoist Walter Smith and ex players doing it either.

They know nothing of the supporters wants and quite frankly don't have a clue what their doing. Said it a couple weeks back and repeat it again. They are killing the club and will see us closed within a decade. The only way is down with this lot in command. Completely clueless and liars too.

Park did pick canixiha and king is picking this time, the time delay is down to king and him alone.

Never thought I would see the day I felt the club no longer represents me. Even with the ****s who were complete thieves I never felt so distant from the club as I do now.

You have a short memory. These are the people who saved our club! I agree that there is some modern thinking required but I'd hope we can get a balance of new non execs coming in to help adddress that. As for what 'we' want. Some of your statements don't apply to all fans, and certainly not me.

Do you really think we're getting best value for money with those £17.6m staff costs? I don't.

You'd have to have a very long memory as to when we last got value for money for the clubs players collective salaries/contracts.

It's usually more a matter of mitigating the damage.

----------

That's why given circumstances and projections, a different approach isn't only to be talked about (as far as we usually get), but needs to be implemented.

Edited by buster.

It's not even something we have thought. Kevin Kyle actually publicly flat out said he got paid far more than he would have happily accepted, did he not ?

think of the circumstances.....we had to get players in to walk the lowest division. McCoist has a budget of £millions....he sees £millions leaking out via Green and the revolving door of "directors".....why shouldn't he spend the player budget to give the fans something to watch

think of the circumstances.....we had to get players in to walk the lowest division. McCoist has a budget of £millions....he sees £millions leaking out via Green and the revolving door of "directors".....why shouldn't he spend the player budget to give the fans something to watch

IIRC Kevin Kyle said on radio shortbread that negotiations were literaly Rangers coming in with an offer way over what he was prepared to accept.

# Bainesque

Edited by buster.