[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers (Wilson 14; Windass 63)

Makes the win even better, the ref was itching to show Jack a card despite continued the sheep players diving and fouling all over the pitch,

Oh aye it does especially up there in their midden. Most of the commentators I've heard speaking about it seem to have lost the plot. Jack is first to the ball plays through the ball and away with the instep, May steps into the path of it a yard late and takes a sore one. Nothing about it is out of control or overly aggressive attempting to injure the player its Mays own fault that he's been caught he's no chance of winning the ball there at all.

Couldn't have put it better BJ a terrible decision,I was then waiting for the inevitable "soft" penalty and surprised it didn't happen.

Another great performance all round and personally I would like to praise Kenny Miller on playing a "Captains " role in the last 20 minutes I though he was immense.

Tom English

''Then, drama. Ten minutes into the second half, Jack went into a tackle with Stevie May and left his foot on the striker to such an extent that the striker was fortunate to avoid a bad injury.

Willie Collum whipped out the red card - and he was right. It was the fourth red of Jack's season, albeit two of them were later rescinded.''

I didn't see anything wrong with that tackle whatsoever. He couldn't get that red out quickly enough.

I thought was Bates was great in the air, but awful with his feet -- I lost count the number of times he kicks it out, when a simple ball up the line was on. Safety first , though. I can't really fault the hunger and commitment from the players. Terrific display. There were a few hard tackles, but it was nice to see us dishing them out for a change!

Pena is better when he's instinctive. The one-twos, first-time through-balls were brilliant. When he has time, he steps on the ball and trips!

The wee triangles and inter-changing of positions from Holt, Jack etc were brilliant too. I've not seen that for ages.

I thought Windass was MotM -- work-rate was terrific. I was expecting him to be knackered after that first half, then a wonderful burst of energy gets us a vital 2nd goal. Tavernier was excellent also. McCrorie strolled it against too. Actually, I can't pick a MotM!

Sorry, but sometimes you have to give credit for an excellent free kick. Foderingham got a strong hand to it but that was a great hit at pace.

If I was going to blame anything I would blame putting the shortest player on the field on the inside of that wall where a right footer would be placing it over him

I think the keeper should be nearer the corner with a ball like that. The chance that it will be put in the other top corner is virtually nil and even if it is put there the ball has a far greater distance to travel and so you will have far more time to get across. Foderinhams placement is not good and he gives himself too much to do. I actually ask if you want such a big wall when the kick is so far out. I think I would have 2 men as I would rather see the ball.

Was Ramos not just sent off for the 25th time in his career? It doesn't diminish his impact. He's a prick at times, but you want him in your team.

Same with Jack for me. I wouldn't be asking him to dial it down.

Regardless of the red card, it does my heart good finally to see a Rangers midfielder who is so determined to win his battles. We need to make sure Ryan Jack is in no doubt he has the fans right behind him.

Edit:

Isn't it good to see Tav back. Excellent game again today.

Edited by Bill

I didn't see anything wrong with that tackle whatsoever. He couldn't get that red out quickly enough.

I thought was Bates was great in the air, but awful with his feet -- I lost count the number of times he kicks it out, when a simple ball up the line was on. Safety first , though. I can't really fault the hunger and commitment from the players. Terrific display. There were a few hard tackles, but it was nice to see us dishing them out for a change!

Pena is better when he's instinctive. The one-twos, first-time through-balls were brilliant. When he has time, he steps on the ball and trips!

The wee triangles and inter-changing of positions from Holt, Jack etc were brilliant too. I've not seen that for ages.

I thought Windass was MotM -- work-rate was terrific. I was expecting him to be knackered after that first half, then a wonderful burst of energy gets us a vital 2nd goal. Tavernier was excellent also. McCrorie strolled it against too. Actually, I can't pick a MotM!

Hard to pick a MOTM however I would give MOTM to Tav, I really like the guy, he is an athlete, balanced, skillful, strong on the ball and is involved in the majority of our goals, get his contract extended. Great battling performance from our team today.