Rangers statement

You can't out-train a bad diet and you can't polish a turd.

When you have a weak senior management team that is hamstrung in its decision-making by a controlling (and frequently absent) major shareholder, the net result is a club that has no strategy or plan, let alone any contingency; and is paralysed to the point where otherwise routine decisions take six weeks and more.

When you have a pantomime PR "guru" managing your comms [Oh no we don't; oh yes we do!] in the most ad-hoc and reactive manner, thats because there is precious little good news to be had. When said absentee major shareholder tries to defend said PR "guru" at the AGM by saying that he puts out more fires than we know about - THAT ISN'T A GOOD THING!

Essentially this means that you are proud that he is covering up the screw ups that come from poor management.

I'm done with trying to be positive about this board. They've eroded all confidence I had. They're simply unfit for purpose.

Edited by stewarty

We need to reconsider our wage structure. It's as simple as that. Is £500k for the manager and upto £1m for first team coachs enough?

To be honest I thought we always over paid and this should be the amount we pay ,but on recent evidence we need to reassess and see if it's a hindered applications.

Up the budget to £1.5m see what new options it creates, if better candidate stands out, cut the cost from elsewhere .

The petulant statement suggest to me (guessing between the lines) that through back-channels we had agreed with DM that he would come after the Dolly-double-dunter and our board feel really let down as he has played us along for a few weeks now while we thought we had our man only for him to bottle it.

Milne has somehow persuaded him (as is his job) to stay in his secure job at Aberdeen with a Chairman he seems to enjoy working with and is close with, rather than go to a club with a split board, a vacant chairman, a DOF he doesnt know, and a huge expectation. I can see the attraction (if I had no ambition).

If this is miles away from the truth, and lets face it we will probably never know, then our statement is a total embarrassment and someone should pay for this with their job.

it's a highly paid job as Head Coach/Manager of a football team, ffs. It is not hunting down jihadis in the mountains of the Middle East.

:wtf:

Maybe you should apply to join as an intern under the wing of Mr.Traynor.

miss-the-point.png

You can't out-train a bad diet and you can't polish a turd.

When you have a weak senior management team that is hamstrung in its decision-making by a controlling (and frequently absent) major shareholder, the net result is a club that has no strategy or plan, let alone any contingency; and is paralysed to the point where otherwise routine decisions take six weeks and more.

When you have a pantomime PR "guru" managing your comms [Oh no we don't; oh yes we do!] in the most ad-hoc and reactive manner, thats because there is precious little good news to be had. When said absentee major shareholder tries to defend said PR "guru" at the AGM by saying that he puts out more fires than we know about - THAT ISN'T A GOOD THING!

Essentially this means that you are proud that he is covering up the screw ups that come from poor management.

I'm done with trying to be positive about this board. They've eroded all confidence I had. They're simply unfit for purpose.

Agree with the general point you put forward.

Since April 2016, the board seems to have been dysfunctional and in charge of a developing omnishambles. Approaching the AGM, I thought that they had a chance to turn it around and showed some positive signs, but this managerial 'process' confirms it's still all over the place.

:wtf:

Maybe you should apply to join as an intern under the wing of Mr.Traynor.

miss-the-point.png

"There is bravery and then there is stupidity."

Your words; not mine.

In my view, and I submit, in the view of most sentient beings, it would not have been an heroic act by McInnes to accept, if offered, the Rangers' post.

Six weeks without a manager. Six weeks and still no prospect in sight of finding one.

Everything I ever feared about the calibre of people running our club has now been confirmed. This is simply outrageous.

We can forget for the foreseeable future any hope of becoming again the club we once were. There are probably still years in the wilderness ahead of us and that's a sickening prospect.

The petulant statement suggest to me (guessing between the lines) that through back-channels we had agreed with DM that he would come after the Dolly-double-dunter and our board feel really let down as he has played us along for a few weeks now while we thought we had our man only for him to bottle it.

Milne has somehow persuaded him (as is his job) to stay in his secure job at Aberdeen with a Chairman he seems to enjoy working with and is close with, rather than go to a club with a split board, a vacant chairman, a DOF he doesnt know, and a huge expectation. I can see the attraction (if I had no ambition).

If this is miles away from the truth, and lets face it we will probably never know, then our statement is a total embarrassment and someone should pay for this with their job.

On the final point - absolutely. We've been embarrassed by our PR for too long. And its effectively shooting ourselves in the foot on a regular basis.

As for DM stringing us along - I have heard suggestions along those lines - i.e. that all indications were, up until yesterday afternoon, that he was keen to move. What has caused this change of heart? I guess it doesn't really matter but if I was to put myself in his shoes, I can understand why he'd be hesitant.

"There is bravery and then there is stupidity."

Your words; not mine.

In my view, and I submit, in the view of most sentient beings, it would not have been an heroic act by McInnes to accept, if offered, the Rangers' post.

The context of that line was a question of 'bottle' that others were talking about.

The main thrust of the post was..........

If it was simply a lack of bottle, then there would be other decent managers out there with bottle, who will jump at the chance of taking the job.

If there aren't and I don't see any on the immediate horizon, then it suggests something other than 'bottle'.

Agree with the general point you put forward.

Since April 2016, the board seems to have been dysfunctional and in charge of a developing omnishambles. Approaching the AGM, I thought that they had a chance to turn it around and showed some positive signs, but this managerial 'process' confirms it's still all over the place.

I feel like a broken record. I've been saying since the ****s were outed that we needed a stronger executive management team and a proper governance structure and business strategy for them to drive forward. We have far too many plates spinning for just an MD and pseudo-finance/ football admin director to manage. And every time one of the plates smashes, we just start spinning another rather than addressing the root causes.