Rangers statement

Do the Board not read Traynors statements, and feel embarrassed?

Surely someone has the balls to pull him up.

Word by word exclusive

S.Robertson: Mainstream and social media are full on criticising the club after DM declared he'd remain at the sheep, what will we do ?

DK: Get a statement drafted, quickly

------

SR: Is that you Jim? I take it you've heard,..we need a.....

J.Traynor: ...I know, I know...you are lucky I've only tanned half of this 12 year old Macallans, I'm on it.

45 minutes later

SR: How's it coming along Jim ?

JT: It's done, I've just this minute sent it out to all the usual sources.

SR: Aw, good,......... I think

----

3 minutes later

After reading the statement, SR opens a bottle himself .

Laugh or cry ?

Edited by buster.

Yeah, sorry, put me in the 'who the hell signed that statement off' camp. If it was possible to make this whole debacle any more ridiculous someone Rangers managed it with a statement written in the tone of a 14 year old just knocked back at a school dance. No wonder McInnes doesn't fancy it.

Who knows what has really went on as the press will always paint us in a bad light but no matter how badly we’ve handles it it is obvious we have dodged a bullet.

If McInnes didn’t want the job due to his loyalties with Aberdeen, then he wasn’t fit for the job. He’s got a poor managerial record and he was basically getting it because he is “a Rangers man”. If his loyalties with Aberdeen are that strong then he obviously isn’t “a Rangers man”.

If McInnes felt “unwanted” then good riddance. He should have been fighting tooth and nail for the job that eclipses Aberdeen by miles. If that was the case then he wouldn’t have been thick skinned enough to take the job.

If McInnes has changed his mind at the last minute, then it suits his previous as a bottler.

Any of those 3 scenarios show we have got the best result in a bad situation.

Heres a far out suggestion.....

Maybe the board know more about what ACTUALLY went on than we do, and the statement is an accurate account of proceedings....

Indeed, that may well be the case.

Most on here, and elsewhere, however, prefer to think that Boards and Management have been on a mescaline binge for some months.

I hope, however, that we do not see a tit for tat war of competing statements, no matter how accurate.

Who knows what has really went on as the press will always paint us in a bad light but no matter how badly we’ve handles it it is obvious we have dodged a bullet.

If McInnes didn’t want the job due to his loyalties with Aberdeen, then he wasn’t fit for the job. He’s got a poor managerial record and he was basically getting it because he is “a Rangers man”. If his loyalties with Aberdeen are that strong then he obviously isn’t “a Rangers man”.

If McInnes felt “unwanted” then good riddance. He should have been fighting tooth and nail for the job that eclipses Aberdeen by miles. If that was the case then he wouldn’t have been thick skinned enough to take the job.

If McInnes has changed his mind at the last minute, then it suits his previous as a bottler.

Any of those 3 scenarios show we have got the best result in a bad situation.

He's turned down big jobs in England too. He maybe really lacks the bottle and he's in a safe comfort zone at Aberdeen.

He's turned down big jobs in England too. He maybe really lacks the bottle and he's in a safe comfort zone at Aberdeen.

There is bravery and then there is stupidity.

If it was simply a lack of bottle, then there would be other decent managers out there with bottle, who will jump at the chance of taking the job.

If there aren't and I don't see any on the immediate horizon, then it suggests something other than 'bottle'.

]There is bravery and then there is stupidity.[/b]

If it was simply a lack of bottle' date=' then there would be other decent managers out there with bottle, who will jump at the chance of taking the job.

If there aren't and I don't see any on the immediate horizon, then it suggests something other than 'bottle'.[/quote']

it's a highly paid job as Head Coach/Manager of a football team, ffs. It is not hunting down jihadis in the mountains of the Middle East.

Edited by Uilleam