Rangers statement

The context of that line was a question of 'bottle' that others were talking about.

The main thrust of the post was..........

If it was simply a lack of bottle, then there would be other decent managers out there with bottle, who will jump at the chance of taking the job.

If there aren't and I don't see any on the immediate horizon, then it suggests something other than 'bottle'.

You're holding out for a hero.

Good luck with that.

I feel like a broken record. I've been saying since the ****s were outed that we needed a stronger executive management team and a proper governance structure and business strategy for them to drive forward. We have far too many plates spinning for just an MD and pseudo-finance/ football admin director to manage. And every time one of the plates smashes, we just start spinning another rather than addressing the root causes.

Very much so and the longer it continues in the present way, the more a finite source of money will be wasted, getting no-where.

You're holding out for a hero.

Good luck with that.

Maybe you have some kind of traslation service that isn't working well and that is why your reply doesn't make any sense in relation to the post you quote.

Let me translate......I'm putting forward a reason why I think the McInnes decision is nothing to do with 'a lack of bottle'.

Maybe you have some kind of traslation service that isn't working well and that is why your reply doesn't make any sense in relation to the post you quote.

Let me translate......I'm putting forward a reason why I think the McInnes decision is nothing to do with 'a lack of bottle'.

It was you who chose to equate bravery with the acceptance of a job at Rangers. I merely pointed out the absurdity of that.

It reminded me of decades of irritating headlines when fhilthfootballclub failed to make progress versus Continental opposition: "Brave Celtic Crash Out", and the like.

It was you who chose to equate bravery with the acceptance of a job at Rangers. I merely pointed out the absurdity of that.

It reminded me of decades of irritating headlines when fhilthfootballclub failed to make progress versus Continental opposition: "Brave Celtic Crash Out", and the like.

:facepalm:........:woohoo:

Heres a far out suggestion.....

Maybe the board know more about what ACTUALLY went on than we do, and the statement is an accurate account of proceedings....

You are wrong and you know it. I’m done arguing this point. Its flipping obvious!

Edited by cooponthewing

I do agree with the sentiment that they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. So it was good to get a statement from the Club last night, but wtf wrote it? There's a way to say things without coming across as petulant, spoiled brats, aiming cheap shots as you go. You can still be assured, authoritative and get your point across without resorting to that surely?

Not to mention a tone befitting our great Club would have been nice.

Strange times indeed.

The statement was probably too much like-for-like with Aberdeen's, since they did not let us but the media know that McInnes declined the offer. After a night's sleep it was probably below our standard, yet, it is hard to please everyone anyway. I know that some will come out claiming for loss of face et al, yet, who will really care? The Scottish media and not least their green-grey experts are up in arms and throw funny words about, some hacks too. Who will read that though out there in the world? It might be omnipresent in Scotland, but is barely a footnote elsewhere. Only the sacking of Caixinha was reported out there, as will be the appointment of another coach. After all, as with in Scotland, most football interested people (and reporters) will have their own little universes to dwell upon.

What it says that Murty will have 6 games to stake his own claim and as noted before, he now sure has time not to think from week to week, but for the better part of a months. After all, footie will only return on January 21st. You do wonder who those guys "still under contract" are.

The Aberdeen statement was still a wee bit ambiguous and open to interpretation depending how you read it or how much you dissect it.

It all just seems really, really strange. As Frankie says, presumably we were lead to believe he was seriously interested, hence the formal approach. But it looks like we never got to talk to him in detail, so its not even got to the point of budgets, staff, expectations etc.