Rangers 2 (Morelos,Wilson) v Ross County 1

You dont read that very often! Totally agree with it mind you!

There was always a player in there but he looked just like he didnt understand the game fully. I think it was Motherwell away when if only he showed a touch of composure on a counter attack we would have had some goal. But thats for him to mature. He certainly has a burst in him and likes to run at defences which is what fans want to see. A good incoming coach could make him out to be a good player.

In amongst the day to day trials and tribulations of our club, a football match is like the compulsory taking of a mystery pill that will take you into a different place, where your trip can be soothing, even enjoyable or bad, often with online side effects.

What will it be today ?

Ross County at home should mean 3 points and hopefully it will but we need to work at it like we did against the sheep and not slack off, drop the tempo and make it relatively easy to defend against.

If we maintain our form, score an early goal, it might even be a breeze but I wouldn't bet on it. We should have too much against a team who haven't scored a goal for 5 weeks.

Murty has a decision or two to make about the team but regardless of personnel, it'll be all about a good attitude, determination and playing at a high tempo. We do that well and the chances will come.

I'd go 3-5-2 again, with a bit more creativity up field. Three-man defence would essentially include McCrorie as a DM, who steps back when the rest is up field. Too bad that Miller is a given, I'd replace him with Kranjcar, who at least can pick a pass and unlock a defence ... and won't be running about and rob us of a striker slot.

Foderingham

McCrorie - Alves - Wilson/Cardoso

Tavernier - Candeias - Holt - Kranjcar - John

Windass - Morelos

Later on, I'd replace Kranjcar with Pena. People will come and say that we wouldn't have a physical MF, but I don't think that this Rangers side has it in it to "dominate" a MF "physically". We should outplay the opposition and keep them occupied in their own half, rather than "fight it out". Obvioulsy, it would help if we'd have referees who protect players ....

Referee - Euan Anderson

Assistants - Gavin Harris and Gordon Crawford

Fourth Official - Bobby Madden

yshv8q7h.jpg

With McInnes' Aberdeen scraping a win against Dundee last night, something we couldn't do, it puts more pressure on Rangers to find some consistency and beat Ross County. For me the wins against Aberdeen were due to commitment and an extra man in midfield. Jack is a big loss and there is no direct replacement available. Let's hope Murty has a solution.

Foderingham

Tavernier - Alves - Wilson - John

McCrorie

Candeias - Holt - Peña

Miller - Windass

Subs: Kelly, Hodson, Barjonas, Bates, Kranjcar, Herrera, Morelos

Alnwick injured, as is Cardoso.

I don't think it will be a a 4-1-3-2, more likely a "2-2-6" with Alves and Wilson at the back, McCrorie and Holt in the cleaning-up department, Tav and Candeias on the right (somewhere), John on the left, Pena through the middle, Windass probably too, and Miller always and no-where, as per usual.

Murty might be too reliable on Miller, but we need an attacker through the middle, or two. If Morelos is fit, he shouldn't be on the bench.

And now that I have said it, Miller will most likely get a hat-trick.

Edited by der Berliner

Caught out by one silly attack, where John gets caught out, Holt doesn't cover, Wilson doesn't take him down and Alves/McCrorie don't mark the man.

We've been so poor and lethargic; there's no energy in the game. It's like we're waiting for things to happen rather than making them happen.

Miller has been useless, loosing control of the ball when in some of the few good positions to create something. We can't get Pena and Windass in the game.

Candeias is poor too -- he's not dovetailing with Holt like Jack does in the middle, which is perhaps not a surprise as he is a RM.

We need to see Morelos on for Miller and someone else for Candeias.