New Director - Barry Scott

If you have a seat on the board, you really need to be able to contribute something to the agenda. I don't know any of the Club 1872 board (despite me being a member) so I don't know who would be best placed to offer skills or experience. Anyone?

Equally, we are a minority shareholder so don't really have any power to demand anything. We could ask nicely though. If we were to get a place on the board, I'm not sure what difference it would make. The representative would have to be as confidential about boardroom matters as the others, and I'm not sure that they'd be any more committed to the good of Rangers than the bears already around the board. What is the expectations around this forum as to what we'd achieve?

Edited by Gaffer

Club1872 have a meeting with Robertson this week. Perhaps they can put this forward then...

Or ... perhaps they can tell Robertson that if the board doesn't get off its collective arse re a new manager they'll be organising protests at home games.

Perhaps they should, although I very much doubt it.

Unless a billionnaire turns up, I suspect the current board will be around for some time to come. After what we've been through, it could certainly be worse.

From last year or so ...

RANGERS have taken out a fresh £6.5 million loan from associates of club chairman Dave King.

It comes just a week after the club said it had repaid a £5m loan to Mike Ashley's Sports Direct.

Rangers International Football Club plc say the new loan has been provided by existing lenders Mr King's New Oasis Asset Limited, Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor and by three new lenders, director John Bennett and two additional Hong Kong based supporters, Barry Scott and Andy Ross.

RIFC said: "RIFC’s board is delighted to welcome the new lenders who, as long-standing supporters of the club, fit exactly into the profile of investors that RIFC has encouraged during this ongoing rebuilding phase. The new funding has all been provided on the same basis as other recent loans to RIFC.

"The loans to RIFC were primarily utilised to fund repayment of the Sports Direct facility with the balance going towards the group’s working capital requirements."

It was also not clear whether the lenders plan to convert the loan into equity - as has been the case with previous arrangements.

The club outlined at their recent AGM that they planned to end the facility with Sports Direct, which gave them security over key club assets. Rangers' training ground and the rights to the club's trademarks and badges were handed over to Ashley under the deal.

In a short statement just before Christmas Rangers said: "We are pleased to announce that payment has today been sent to Sportsdirect.com Retail Limited of the full amount of the loan facilities provided by that company to The Rangers Football Club Limited."

The proposed investment from Hong Kong is real. It's been held up because King is asking too much for his shares.

It also has added complication that Ashley has first dibs if he wants to invest.

I personally don't care who gets the gig so long as they invest the promised 100 million in the club.

Personally I would want that money invested in the youth. That is where I think our club should go.

The proposed investment from Hong Kong is real. It's been held up because King is asking too much for his shares.

It also has added complication that Ashley has first dibs if he wants to invest.

I personally don't care who gets the gig so long as they invest the promised 100 million in the club.

Personally I would want that money invested in the youth. That is where I think our club should go.

100 million ? Seriously ?

To be honest, when it comes to youth I don't think we need to invest a whole lot more - we are already doing things most other big clubs are doing. You have the UEFA "90 minute rule" which also hinders us when looking for the best talent. I am not saying don't spend any on the youth, but we shouldn't need to spend much more in order to be the best in Scotland and, lets face it, we simply cannot compete, financially, with the EPL when it comes to getting top young talent. They skirt the UEFA rule by finding employment for the parents etc. Gilmour being a case in point - the young lad signed for Chelsea and is apparently on 14k a week. We can't compete with that.

Personally, I would prefer that most of any investment we get is spent on the infrastructure, lines of business that will increase revenues and, hopefully, see us make profits. The youth could also be considered infrastructure to be fair.

I think we should all care where it's coming from. We've had too many people with the wrong motives in charge of our club. I've had my frustrations with DK, but never once have I questioned his motives. Equally, I'm surprised and suspicious of anyone who invests in a football club and is not a supporter. It's the last place you'd expect to get a return, especially in a Scottish club. I may have concerns about some decisions my fellow bears would have us take if we had control of our club, but I'd rather have that risk than unknowns with unknown motives.