[FT] Hibernian 1 - 2 Rangers (Windass 42; Morelos 45)

A terrific result considering we have arguably 6 first team starters out. Not many could’ve predicted a midfield 3 of Holt McCrorie and Barjonas starting against an in form Hibs a few months back. We’ve lost our captain, and now our vice captain. We have young guys playing all over the park and not one word of credit is thrown our way for being where we are without the likes of Dorrans etc. We have our Under 20’s coach as our first team manager. We’ve suffered some absolutely awful refereeing decisions this year. How on Earth are we in the position after all that? Feels a bit like the Rangers of Old where we dug in time and again. Someone said Walter-esque and I did think that myself last night.

Last night we had the following players 24 or under

Windass

Holt

Morelos

Barjonas

McCrorie

Bates

John

That’s quite impressive and bodes well for the future. Roll on Sat

Thats unfair ive seen pete praise mcorie and tav at least.

Thanks mate I do say what I think and I do try and be fair but burying your head in the sand as DB just to be positive helps nobody. There are also times I get it wrong. Some will say more often than not.:) For me there were 2 players who scored under a 5 and that was Candeias and Barjonas, Could we expect anything else from an 18 year old being thrown into an Easter Road cauldron? Barjonas played in a pivotal position. If that peg does not hold firm then the line from front to back playing through the midfield becomes difficult and you end up passing the midfield by. I am not blaming the guy as he is only 18 playing against possibly the most physical midfield in the league.

I love Morelos and he would get a 7+ for me every week but I do worry at his confidence level. He looks frail and like he is crapping it when he gets a chance where as in the beginning he looked like man mountain diving in for everything. That is just my opinion and open to discussion. As I say I do try and be positive.

Edited by pete

Great result, I missed the game unfortunately, seen the goals. what happened with Miller, was he injured or was it a tactical switch by Murty.

Injured mate - pulled his hamstring so likely to be out until after the winter shutdown.

Injured mate - pulled his hamstring so likely to be out until after the winter shutdown.

Hate seeing players getting injured but it might benefit the team if he is out it for a wee while, he has been a great servant to the club but I think this was the only way he was ever going to get dropped and he has needed to be dropped for a while.

Looking forward to seeing Windass and Morelos up front together, hopefully they can forge a good partnership.

Hate seeing players getting injured but it might benefit the team if he is out it for a wee while, he has been a great servant to the club but I think this was the only way he was ever going to get dropped and he has needed to be dropped for a while.

Looking forward to seeing Windass and Morelos up front together, hopefully they can forge a good partnership.

I'd be more confident if Dorrans was fit. Obviously Pena is the obvious replacement but I do wonder if moving Windass to the diamond tip and playing Herrera might be a better option.

Thanks mate I do say what I think and I do try and be fair but burying your head in the sand as DB just to be positive helps nobody. ....

Ah, but I am far from "only positive". Dunno what it is with the guys of the moaning brigade that they can't help but flinging insults at those who question them or their attitude.

BTW, methinks on Helicopter Sunday we "outdistanced" Hibs at Easter Road by 1-0 without a great performance. In fact, we hardly ever shone there, bar the 6-2 demolition job in 2015. Sometimes, working hard to get a result without playing good football is part and parcel of the game. But we don't need to come out, pick a player who was not up to his normal standard and give him abuse like there is no tomorrow, or, indeed, was no yesterday.

I'd be more confident if Dorrans was fit. Obviously Pena is the obvious replacement but I do wonder if moving Windass to the diamond tip and playing Herrera might be a better option.

Herrera just doesn't look at the races. I don't think he deserves a starting place.