Bill Leckie: Morelos Is A Diddy

Okay, aside from the Tabloid hyperbole Leckie deploys and his overplayed 'neutral' standpoint what are we disagreeing with in the article?.

1. I'm disagreeing that he's a diddy

2. I'm disagreeing that Sinclair, who is a lot older and more experienced, isn't being called a diddy for missing a stonewaller

3. I'm disagreeing that Dembele who never even managed to get in the positions that Morelos did isn't being called a diddy

Any number of players could have been criticised for their performances in the game but only a 21 year foreign Rangers player has a big, abusive article written about him.

Of course he's not above criticism, and nobody is claiming he is, but what other player in Scotland is hung out to dry and being called a daddy for missing a couple of chances?

2. I'm disagreeing that Sinclair, who is a lot older and more experienced, isn't being called a diddy for missing a stonewaller

3. I'm disagreeing that Dembele who never even managed to get in the positions that Morelos did isn't being called a diddy

Any number of players could have been criticised for their performances in the game but only a 21 year foreign Rangers player has a big, abusive article written about him.

Of course he's not above criticism, and nobody is claiming he is, but what other player in Scotland is hung out to dry and being called a daddy for missing a couple of chances?

Morelos is top scorer in the league and looked a far better player than Dembele on Saturday!, there is no excuse for this article!

So it is just the hyperbole then, mainly the use of the word 'diddy'? Reading that I don't think he is writing an abusive article about Morelos, rather he's having a go at the Rangers support for celebrating a draw. It's ironic that Morelos draws more attention to himself by his misses rather than Dembele who contributed very little and didn't get into the position to miss, I agree with you there. Look Leckie is a poor writer but I'm not sure the gist for what he's trying to say is inaccurate. But I take the point you're making (I think) about Morelos being an easier target for abuse than a couple of media favourites.

We need more articles about hygiene issues at the Piggery. A wee mention of hanging effigies, support for proscribed terrorist groups and some of the other nefarious activities that have been largely ignored wouldn't go amiss either.

This Leckie pysh is in the back of Jackson libellous article on morelos packed with drug metaphors. You have to question what their motive is and whether they are acting independently. There is no need to attack this young lad. He has delivered for his club.